News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Museum pays homage to road trips

Started by Grzrd, July 06, 2014, 06:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

"The American Road" is an Exhibit at the Harley-Davidson museum in Milwaukee through September 1:

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/story/life/2014/07/06/bergin-travel-road-trips/11936939/

So the great American road trip has a rich and fickle history; I suppose what once was commonplace is now unusual because we want everything to happen quickly. We fly instead of drive. We add mini TVs with DVDs to our vehicles so we don't get bored with scenery.
If you long for the simpler days of leisurely Sunday drives and days-long vacations by car, or wonder how we got to where we are today, check out "The American Road," a new exhibit at the Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee.
"We look at the road trip as a ritual and how that came to be," explains Kristen Jones, senior curator ....
The American Road" stays in place until Sept. 1, and entry is included with admission to the Harley-Davidson Museum, 400 W. Canal St., Milwaukee. It's $18 for adults, $12 for senior citizens and students with school identification, $10 for ages 5-17 and free for ages under 5. www.h-dmuseum.com, 414-287-2789

Laura

This looks really cool! I would suggest doing it as part of my roadtrip next month but those prices... :(

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.