News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Another Malaysian air tragedy

Started by roadman65, July 17, 2014, 03:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjd

Quote from: ET21 on July 19, 2014, 02:01:07 PM
Interesting times we live in ladies and gents  :confused:

Not the first time this has happened. Back in the 80's the Soviets accidentally shot down a Korean Air 747 full of civilians, including a US Congressman. A few years later the US accidentally shot down an Iran Air A300, also full of innocent civilians.

roadman65

Yes you are correct, we ourselves are without blame as we did the very same thing many years ago.  However, being both incidents then and now are in many people's lifetimes, we can consider it in the same time.  At least for someone my age LOL.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bing101

The Russians were caught by Wikipedia officials for editing the Ukraine Missile attack . Very Good Russia Now your people are not allowed to use Wikipedia because of your actions.  :banghead:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/russian-government-changing-mh17-wikipedia-entry-article-1.1872864

US71

Quote from: bing101 on July 19, 2014, 07:46:02 PM
The Russians were caught by Wikipedia officials for editing the Ukraine Missile attack  :clap: . Very Good Russia Now your people are not allowed to use Wikipedia because of your actions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/russian-government-changing-mh17-wikipedia-entry-article-1.1872864
They're also tampering with evidence. The black boxes are alleged to have disappeared. Sad.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bing101

Quote from: US71 on July 19, 2014, 08:13:09 PM
The Russians were caught by Wikipedia officials for editing the Ukraine Missile attack  :clap: . Very Good Russia Now your people are not allowed to use Wikipedia because of your actions.

They're also tampering with evidence. The black boxes are alleged to have disappeared. Sad.

Now the Victims Families could Never get justice because the Rebels prevented the UN and Dutch from entering the scene.

Brandon

^^ They'll get justice, one way or another.  It may not necessarily be done through a court of international law.

Remember, world wars have started over less (such as the assassination of an archduke a little over 100 years ago).  Russia, with its actions, keeps pushing everyone closer to the abyss.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

SteveG1988

Quote from: realjd on July 19, 2014, 03:01:50 PM

Not the first time this has happened. Back in the 80's the Soviets accidentally shot down a Korean Air 747 full of civilians, including a US Congressman. A few years later the US accidentally shot down an Iran Air A300, also full of innocent civilians.

And a few years prior they shot down a 707 from Korean Air. both due to the same mistake, the INS went a bit weird.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

english si

What is weird is that no war has started over a shot down civilian plane. Closest was the Iran Air A300 one.

The response to Libya's involvement in Lockerbie (OK, that was a bomb on the plane, rather than a SAM) was next-to-nothing. Sure the US and UK took part in the take down of Gaddafi years and years later, but given it was a couple of years after they shot a British Police Officer on the streets of London (from their embassy), it strikes me as odd that we didn't demand some sort of recompense for acts of war committed against us.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: bing101 on July 19, 2014, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: US71 on July 19, 2014, 08:13:09 PM

Now the Victims Families could Never get justice because the Rebels prevented the UN and Dutch from entering the scene.

And are removing victims' remains.

roadman65

What a bunch of cowards!  I heard that they began to brag about shooting the jet down until they figured out that it was a civilian airliner filled with civilians then began deleting the comments made about the incident. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

Quote from: realjd on July 19, 2014, 03:01:50 PM

And then we got the Pan Am 101 / Lockerbie Tragedy in return for that. Sadly, one person went to jail over that, instead of several, so as to prevent tensions from escalating in the Middle East.

bing101

jakeroot

bugo

That wasn't a tragedy.  It was an act of war. 

bing101

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/07/22/334054282/faa-prohibits-u-s-airlines-from-flying-to-tel-aviv

NPR News has reported that the FAA has put a no fly zone for Gaza and Israel. This was because of Rocket strikes near Tel Aviv.

ET21

Another plane went missing, possibly crashing in the Mali Desert in Northern Africa
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/24/world/africa/air-algerie-flight
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.