News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Lousiana has the top five happiest cities in the US

Started by roadman65, July 25, 2014, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/top-5-happiest-cities-america-are-all-one-state-n163436
If you live in Louisiana you will find this article interesting.  If you live in New York, you will be surprised.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

cjk374

WOW!!  :wow: Louisiana actually made...dominated, and reigns supreme... a "good" list instead of a "bad" list.  Will wonders ever cease?   :-D
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Zeffy

Interesting, because another article lists Louisiana as the fourth worst state to live in, citing "one of the highest violent crime rates in the country and one of the worst records for toxic-substance releases. Louisianans suffer from high rates of diabetes and heart disease, and many lack health insurance."
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Grzrd

Hmmmmm .....
Shreveport, Alexandria & Lafayette are happy that they have I-49;
Houma is happy that it has Future I-49;
and Baton Rouge is happy that Future I-49 will eventually become a bypass for some of its traffic.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: Grzrd on July 27, 2014, 02:03:38 PM
Hmmmmm .....
and Baton Rouge is happy that Future I-49 will eventually become a bypass for some of its traffic.

So they're happy that it'll be easier to leave?

cjk374

Quote from: Zeffy on July 27, 2014, 01:48:10 PM
Interesting, because another article lists Louisiana as the fourth worst state to live in, citing "one of the highest violent crime rates in the country and one of the worst records for toxic-substance releases. Louisianans suffer from high rates of diabetes and heart disease, and many lack health insurance."

In defense of my homestate:

The higher rates of toxic substance releases is probably because we have more chemical plants than most of the other 50 states.

The higher rates of diabetes and blood pressure is because we love to eat foods that would make health nuts cringe with a case of the scours!   :cheers:

Quote from: The Nature Boy on July 27, 2014, 02:07:18 PM
Quote from: Grzrd on July 27, 2014, 02:03:38 PM
Hmmmmm .....

So they're happy that it'll be easier to leave?

Nah....happier that it will get those who gripe about everything out of Louisiana FASTER!   :bigass:   :wave:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.