News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NYC street signs to become lowercase

Started by J Route Z, July 16, 2014, 01:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Route Z

Quote from: PHLBOS on July 21, 2014, 10:38:04 AM
Philly's been using Clearview on its street blade signs even before the mixed-case rule took effect.

I think Philly street signs are easier to read. At least none that I know of are sun bleached, as opposed to several in NYC.

D-Dey65

Quote from: leroys73 on July 16, 2014, 09:00:08 PM
Governments don't have anything better to waste money on?
Well, they could blow it on something utterly pointless like actual road improvements.  :-P

[SARCASTIC MODE OFF.]

ixnay

So when will overheard signs in Clearview start appearing on... the Clearview Expressway?  ;-)

And isn't Clearview similar to the font used on European road signs?

ixnay
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

cl94

Quote from: ixnay on August 28, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
So when will overheard signs in Clearview start appearing on... the Clearview Expressway?  ;-)

And isn't Clearview similar to the font used on European road signs?

ixnay

Unless NYSDOT starts using it in force (pretty unlikely), never going to happen. Most sections of Interstate highway are state-maintained, along with a several of the limited-access parkways. This includes the Clearview (except for the bridge, which is TBTA).
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

SidS1045

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.