News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Movie called Open Water seems pointless?

Started by roadman65, May 31, 2012, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I was once watching a movie called Open Water, that is about two stranded scuba divers who were left out in the middle of the ocean during a SCUBA diving excursion.   Apparently, the boat's crew failed to keep an acurate account of those who went into the water and being the two people (a man and a woman) wandered off away from the rest of the party did not help matters either.

Anyway, in many survival movies there are always people who die and only some live in the end.  However, this one had the man of the couple eaten by sharks after two days out in the water floating, as both had nothing to cling to but each other.  Then in the end of the movie, the woman did not want to get eaten alive, so let herself sink into the sea and hopefully drown before becoming shark bait.

To me this is pointless, you see people stranded and  both live through hell and none live in the end.  Why have you sit there through a whole entire movie to see a happy ending for at least one of the people involved (even the Posiden Adventure had survivors).  Here, not one survives and how can no one even notice that the couple did not return with them on the boat? 

I do not know if anyone saw it, but it is one of those waste of money flicks, in my opinion.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Alps

Before we have threads about every single movie, just know that we will not have threads about every single movie.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.