News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

I-65 downtown crossing

Started by iBallasticwolf2, July 06, 2015, 07:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate 69 Fan

I have a couple ofquick questions.

I am going to FL to visit family for Christmas.
Will the east end bridge be tolled upon completion?
Will the downtown bridge be tolled?
If they are tolled, how much? And what if we don't have a tag to pay with, what do we do?

Thanks  :-D
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

seicer

Quote from: Revive 755 on November 13, 2016, 06:01:27 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on November 12, 2016, 07:43:59 AM
Quote from: compdude787 on November 11, 2016, 06:17:53 PM
Shoot, in that first picture, it's really hard to read the signs because the crossbeams for the bridge get in the way. Did anyone stop to consider "Hmm, maybe that's a bad idea"?

There really isn't anywhere else to put the signs, and thus, the pavement markings to help out.

They could have tried going for a somewhat nonstandard sign design and/or dropped the control cities to try and compensate for the lack of space.   Perhaps similar to this signage from Pittsburgh but with arrows.

It's a compressed view. It's essentially the same signage that has been up there for decades and is pretty well readable at 55 MPH.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 14, 2016, 11:28:12 AM
I have a couple ofquick questions.

I am going to FL to visit family for Christmas.
Will the east end bridge be tolled upon completion?
Will the downtown bridge be tolled?
If they are tolled, how much? And what if we don't have a tag to pay with, what do we do?

Thanks  :-D

The official statement is that the East End Bridge will be open before the end of the year.  Judging from construction, I would guess an opening date in the first half of December.  Tolling on both the East End Bridge and both spans of I-65 will begin tolling shortly after the East End Bridge opens.  If you don't have a RiverLink or EZ Pass tag, the cost is $4 each way, and the bill will be sent to the address at which the license plate is registered. 
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Interstate 69 Fan

Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

NWI_Irish96

Tolling on the I-65 bridges (along with the East End/Future I-265 bridge that is opening December 18) will begin December 30.  Tolls for cars will be $4 per crossing with no transponder, $2 per crossing with RiverLink, EZPass or IPass, and $1 per crossing if you cross 40 or more times per month and have a RiverLink transponder (not EZPass or IPass though).

mvak36

Quote from: cabiness42 on December 13, 2016, 02:20:07 PM
Tolling on the I-65 bridges (along with the East End/Future I-265 bridge that is opening December 18) will begin December 30.  Tolls for cars will be $4 per crossing with no transponder, $2 per crossing with RiverLink, EZPass or IPass, and $1 per crossing if you cross 40 or more times per month and have a RiverLink transponder (not EZPass or IPass though).

So when they say 40 times per month, does it have to be on the same bridge or can they cross on either bridge for it to count?
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: mvak36 on December 13, 2016, 02:29:02 PM

So when they say 40 times per month, does it have to be on the same bridge or can they cross on either bridge for it to count?

Any of the three bridges (counting both directions of I-65 as separate bridges) can count towards the discount. 

Great Lakes Roads

Dang! I am going to be in Louisville on December 26th-30th. But I will probably take a drive across the bridges before it starts tolling!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

billtm

Sorry for posting these so long after the photos were taken. I took them on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, heading northbound.

I'm not quite sure what they're hiding on the signs... :hmmm:

Great view of all 3 bridges. Also, the super short dotted line is interesting.

View of the north end of the bridge, where the asphalt turns to concrete, separated by an expansion joint.
Note: The little white lane assignment sign on the right seems really interesting... I don't recall ever seeing one of those on a freeway.

This is what I think will the the tolling machine. Just beyond is the welcome to Indiana sign.

I gotta say job well done! :clap:

bmeiser

Images aren't loading for me but it could just be Tapatalk

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: bmeiser on December 21, 2016, 10:50:18 PM
Images aren't loading for me but it could just be Tapatalk

Um... the pictures aren't up and loaded on my computer either...

Alex

billtm, the photos in your post are blocked. Maybe privacy settings need to be adjusted, or they can't be hotlinked from where you uploaded them?

billtm

Quote from: Alex on December 22, 2016, 09:13:24 AM
billtm, the photos in your post are blocked. Maybe privacy settings need to be adjusted, or they can't be hotlinked from where you uploaded them?
Sorry, the reason I have them up so late was because they originally wouldn't show up on my computer either. This is my first time using Google Photos after switching from Picasa.
https://goo.gl/photos/WDCRT2cxnevZc6ez7
That should be a link to the photos' public album. (The camera is linked to my moms' email)
Is there some better photo sharing service that I don't know about?

P.S. The photos seem to have new URLs now that they are put in a shared album. Should I try editing my original post?

NE2

Quote from: billtm on December 22, 2016, 09:56:26 AM
(The camera is linked to my moms' email)
Congrats for having multiple moms!
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

billtm

Quote from: NE2 on December 22, 2016, 12:10:55 PM
:-D Oops my mistake! :pan:

Are the photos visible to everyone now? Or should I still go back and edit the original post?

rlb2024

Quote from: billtm on December 23, 2016, 09:38:26 AM

Are the photos visible to everyone now? Or should I still go back and edit the original post?
I can see them now.  Thanks.  Is this going to be electronic tolling only?

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: rlb2024 on December 23, 2016, 09:57:05 AM
Quote from: billtm on December 23, 2016, 09:38:26 AM

I can see them now.  Thanks.  Is this going to be electronic tolling only?

Yes, these bridges will be all-electronic tolling.  You will pay $2 if you have an EZ-Pass transponder (pay $1 if you have cross more than 40 times per month with the RiverLink sticker), or pay $4 if you don't have one.  The camera will take a picture of your license plate, and send a bill where it will be in your mailbox.

TR69

Quote from: billtm on December 21, 2016, 09:31:43 PM
Sorry for posting these so long after the photos were taken. I took them on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, heading northbound.

I'm not quite sure what they're hiding on the signs... :hmmm:

"Toll bridge" perhaps

NWI_Irish96

Yes, what was under those covers (and is now exposed) is TOLL BRIDGE.

US 41

Quote from: cabiness42 on December 24, 2016, 09:49:54 AM

But they're not being tolled until the 30th I'm pretty sure. I am thinking about going down there on Monday (the 26th) and drive on both of the new bridges before the tolling commences.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: US 41 on December 24, 2016, 06:29:10 PM

But they're not being tolled until the 30th I'm pretty sure. I am thinking about going down there on Monday (the 26th) and drive on both of the new bridges before the tolling commences.

Tolling begins at 4am on the 30th.  Don't ask my why they chose 4am.

hbelkins

Quote from: cabiness42 on December 24, 2016, 06:32:43 PM
Quote from: US 41 on December 24, 2016, 06:29:10 PM

Tolling begins at 4am on the 30th.  Don't ask my why they chose 4am.

Guess I'll be paying the toll, then. I'm off the 30th and had planned to go down and check out the new Lewis & Clark Bridge (having already driven the new downtown bridge a few weeks ago.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rte66man

Shorter striping indicates the lane is exit only up ahead.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

NWI_Irish96

https://louisvilleky.gov/government/police/thunder-over-louisville-street-closures

Reminder of the annual road/bridge closures for the upcoming Thunder Over Louisville Fireworks Display, the largest annual fireworks display in North America.

All interstates within the I-264(KY)/I-265(IN) loop will be closed Saturday from 9pm-11:30pm, which includes the I-65 bridges (Kennedy and Lincoln).  I-264/I-265 will serve as the detour routes.

The Clark (US 31) bridge will be closed from 9:30 am Thursday through 2pm Sunday.  I-65 serves as the detour route

sparker

Quote from: rte66man on January 05, 2017, 12:42:52 PM

Shorter striping indicates the lane is exit only up ahead.

Nice picture -- this sort of reminds me of the twinned I-80 Carquinez crossings with one exception: cable stayed vs. suspension -- but the physical visage is similar -- a new suspended structure next to a truss/cantilevered one.  New bridge is not too shabby!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.