News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What is up with I-366?

Started by iBallasticwolf2, July 29, 2015, 06:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: hbelkins on July 31, 2015, 10:14:03 PM
Also, there's a thread that pops up every now and then that was started by Real Life Guitar Hero, who appears to not be a member anymore. Who was that and what happened to them?

I've also seen posts by ComputerGuy who just has his username in bold and no other labels. Real Life Guitar Hero might be another case of this.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

Alex

Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on July 31, 2015, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on July 31, 2015, 10:14:03 PM
Also, there's a thread that pops up every now and then that was started by Real Life Guitar Hero, who appears to not be a member anymore. Who was that and what happened to them?

I've also seen posts by ComputerGuy who just has his username in bold and no other labels. Real Life Guitar Hero might be another case of this.

Both were brought on by V'ger in early 2009. ComputerGuy came back a couple of years later under the username Bruce (his photography is fantastic BTW). Cannot remember much about Real Life Guitar Hero, only that I deleted his account when the forum was offline in May 2009.

cpzilliacus

What happened to I-666?    ;-)
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

tidecat

Quote from: kurumi on August 03, 2015, 11:55:58 PM
Quote from: cpzilliacus on August 03, 2015, 01:37:44 PM
What happened to I-666?    ;-)

Ultimately canceled: http://www.kurumi.com/roads/ct/i491.html
And it's just a coincidence that it became I-491 like US 666 and US 491, right?
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

1995hoo

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 30, 2015, 10:45:03 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on July 30, 2015, 09:29:39 PM
Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on July 30, 2015, 09:26:57 PM
I kind of wonder if I've found his twitter account. https://twitter.com/Ethanmansell?lang=en

I'm tempted to think this is the person.

It's not. He would be 16 years old now assuming his forum age was correct, and the kid on that account looks no older than 14. Plus, the locations don't add up. I seriously don't remember how I found it, but I was 99% positive it was him...

I do not remember how I found this out, but his name is Ethan Cua and he is indeed from Manassas, Virginia. I think I'd seen some of his postings on some other local sites, including something in response to a news article where he said something about making Route 28 an Interstate (which obviously confirmed for me who it was). He surfaced under his real name on Dr. Gridlock's blog at the Washington Post sometime within the past year, but when I asked him if he was ethanman62187 he never answered.

On the other hand, though, in the course of typing this post I got the urge to do a Google search for "Ethan Cua Interstate 366." Look what the first result turned up (scroll down the page). So I guess he has some sort of connection to Miami, but talk about a clueless question:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-09-22/news/fl-miami-traffic-turnbell-92214-20140922_1_express-lanes-drivers-fume-sunsentinel-com-concreteideas

Mega threadbump because this showed up in my Twitter feed today (I follow VDOT's Northern Virginia account). An AARoads alumnus resurfaces!

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jp the roadgeek

Does Alan have a Twitter account?  Would be hilarious if we saw #Alanland trending on Twitter. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

silverback1065

this is all interesting to read, I became a member a few years ago after stumbling across the site.  didn't know this site was so old.  i typically only hang out in the midwest part of the forums, so it's interesting to hear about these things.  why was alanland permanently stopped?  did the topic just get out of hand? i've never heard of v'ger or this infamous meltdown everyone's talking about.  when was this forum started?

hotdogPi

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 30, 2017, 09:42:54 PM
this is all interesting to read, I became a member a few years ago after stumbling across the site.  didn't know this site was so old.  i typically only hang out in the midwest part of the forums, so it's interesting to hear about these things.  why was alanland permanently stopped?  did the topic just get out of hand? i've never heard of v'ger or this infamous meltdown everyone's talking about.  when was this forum started?

Alanland reached a natural stopping point. It had exactly 2000 replies (one has since been deleted), and it was finally back on topic again.

This forum was started in January 2009; Alanland didn't start until 2012.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

silverback1065

interesting, i joined in 2012, don't remember ever seeing that thread. 

hotdogPi

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 30, 2017, 09:58:44 PM

It was in Fictional Highways. If you didn't check Fictional Highways or Recent Unread Topics, you might not have seen it.

Scott5114

I was a little sad Alanland got canned, I still had material for it :spin: But, alas, I was outvoted.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 31, 2017, 02:23:42 AM
I was a little sad Alanland got canned, I still had material for it :spin: But, alas, I was outvoted.

So you didn't have material for it?  ;-)
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

silverback1065

so to be clear, alanland was killed because it got out of hand, or that it hit 2000 posts? 

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

silverback1065

Quote from: Brandon on August 31, 2017, 10:07:00 AM

Alanland: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7720.0
Enjoy!

:-D thanks, i'll look it over.  was the creator of this thread banned?  he has just 7 posts

hotdogPi

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 31, 2017, 10:09:05 AM
Quote from: Brandon on August 31, 2017, 10:07:00 AM

Alanland: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7720.0
Enjoy!

:-D thanks, i'll look it over.  was the creator of this thread banned?  he has just 7 posts

Yes. He's not in the list of members here.

silverback1065

Interesting. I wonder what for.

US 41

I think Alanland should get reopened. It was basically the page you could post bull**** on and no one would care. I mean why lock it once it got up to 80 pages? If they were going to lock it they should have done it within the first the few days of it being a topic. But to be fair I almost forgot about Alanland altogether.  :sombrero:

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 31, 2017, 10:16:16 AM

My guess is that he probably got banned for this. This was also post #2 for him.
Quote from: TheAlan360 on November 21, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
NE2 STFU and go to school you dumazz, get out of my site.

And here is post #3.
Quote from: TheAlan360 on November 21, 2012, 04:39:59 PM
Eureka is not a small coastal town, ok, it's not a big, urbanzed, or a small city either, it's a medium-sized city, i live in Eureka, so shut up, Eureka has a population of 55,989 (if you include the surrounding areas)

And this is his first post. LOL I'm so confused now.
Quote from: TheAlan360 on November 21, 2012, 04:51:34 PM
I Just saw that Alanland topic once again in this website, and that was offensive, insulting, and inappropriate, i might report this to EPD, and to your local police departments, and EPD is the police department for The City of Eureka, watch out and be careful, because you will be arrested, this is against the law, be careful, and don't say anything, go mess around another person's topic, or go mess around some other website.

All 7 of his posts can be seen here --> https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8762
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

hotdogPi

Quote from: US 41 on August 31, 2017, 12:05:18 PM
I think Alanland should get reopened. It was basically the page you could post bull**** on and no one would care. I mean why lock it once it got up to 80 pages? If they were going to lock it they should have done it within the first the few days of it being a topic. But to be fair I almost forgot about Alanland altogether.  :sombrero:

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 31, 2017, 10:16:16 AM

My guess is that he probably got banned for this. This was also post #2 for him.
Quote from: TheAlan360 on November 21, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
NE2 STFU and go to school you dumazz, get out of my site.

And here is post #3.
Quote from: TheAlan360 on November 21, 2012, 04:39:59 PM
Eureka is not a small coastal town, ok, it's not a big, urbanzed, or a small city either, it's a medium-sized city, i live in Eureka, so shut up, Eureka has a population of 55,989 (if you include the surrounding areas)

And this is his first post. LOL I'm so confused now.
I Just saw that Alanland topic once again in this website, and that was offensive, insulting, and inappropriate, i might report this to EPD, and to your local police departments, and EPD is the police department for The City of Eureka, watch out and be careful, because you will be arrested, this is against the law, be careful, and don't say anything, go mess around another person's topic, or go mess around some other website.

All 7 of his posts can be seen here --> https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8762

#1 is most recent, #2 is second most recent, etc.

jp the roadgeek

This is the post from August 31, 2012 (hey, 5 years ago today!!) from TheAlan 360 that started it all:

How About having the North American Interstate Highway System, in all 15 North American countries, the countries will be, the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Terrtiories, Nunavut, Quebec, Greenland, Iceland, Alanland, Hawaii, Bermuda, Belize, and Saint Pierre and Miquelon, not central america, caribbean, or south america because i considered them other continents, and i would also like to have to have the interstate highway system in Europe and Australia, in Europe will have them in every country, like the UK, France or Spain, and in Australia will have them also in every country, like in Australia (Nation), or New Zealand, and this interstates can also be in Antarctica, and maybe South Africa, because in Antarctica theres only 1 or 2 countries, and about 5 or 6 Territories, and in South Africa because it looks like Europe, Australia, or North America, and those continents like North America, Europe, and Australia do look alike along with Antarctica and South Africa, theres my plan
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

US 41

Here's the I-366 thread --> https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=5504.0

Some quotes that made me laugh.

Quote from: Ian on October 25, 2011, 06:44:00 PM
Quote from: Takumi on October 25, 2011, 06:42:29 PM
85 of course :sombrero:

That's good. Because if it were any lower, I wouldn't be able sleep at night.

Quote from: corco on October 27, 2011, 03:57:25 PM
QuoteFor VA 28, 55 MPH and 60 MPH is just too slow to me.

I'll give you $20 right now to get in a car and drive 60 MPH. You'll be scared shitless.

Quote from: kaothinterceptor on October 28, 2011, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: Takumi on October 28, 2011, 03:38:10 PM
"No, no, officer, it's ok! Ethanman62187 told me I could go 65!" :coffee:  :happy:

Something tells me there's at least one policeman that would buy that excuse in that area...
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

formulanone

I missed this — I thought he just fell off after posting his fantasy.

Holy crap, I think he really meant to call the cops over a harmless internet thread about a non-existent mega-nation getting ridiculous at worst, hilarious at best.

I had no idea that Alanland was that important, because now it's even funnier.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on August 31, 2017, 12:21:30 PM
This is the post from August 31, 2012 (hey, 5 years ago today!!) from TheAlan 360 that started it all:

How About having the North American Interstate Highway System, in all 15 North American countries, the countries will be, the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Terrtiories, Nunavut, Quebec, Greenland, Iceland, Alanland, Hawaii, Bermuda, Belize, and Saint Pierre and Miquelon, not central america, caribbean, or south america because i considered them other continents, and i would also like to have to have the interstate highway system in Europe and Australia, in Europe will have them in every country, like the UK, France or Spain, and in Australia will have them also in every country, like in Australia (Nation), or New Zealand, and this interstates can also be in Antarctica, and maybe South Africa, because in Antarctica theres only 1 or 2 countries, and about 5 or 6 Territories, and in South Africa because it looks like Europe, Australia, or North America, and those continents like North America, Europe, and Australia do look alike along with Antarctica and South Africa, theres my plan

Dear God, I just did and did not get a rush of nostalgia reading that.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.