News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The LA Rams are back

Started by cl94, January 12, 2016, 09:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Quote from: triplemultiplex on September 21, 2016, 02:42:49 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on September 20, 2016, 11:36:58 AM
I highly doubt the Chargers are moving to LA. Why would they want to?

Because San Diego won't give the whiny little brats a brand new stadium; same as every other team.

Except, unlike the Rams, Qualcomm is the 5th oldest stadium in the NFL. When the new LA stadium opens, it'll be the 4th. Soldier Field was heavily renovated 13 years ago and the Raiders will likely be moving as well, which would make Qualcomm the 2nd oldest behind Lambeau (which isn't going anywhere).
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

tribar

Quote from: cl94 on September 21, 2016, 02:47:19 PM

Because San Diego won't give the whiny little brats a brand new stadium; same as every other team.

Except, unlike the Rams, Qualcomm is the 5th oldest stadium in the NFL. When the new LA stadium opens, it'll be the 4th. Soldier Field was heavily renovated 13 years ago and the Raiders will likely be moving as well, which would make Qualcomm the 2nd oldest behind Lambeau (which isn't going anywhere).

Even Lambeau has been somewhat heavily renovated recently.

cl94

Quote from: tribar on September 21, 2016, 03:03:20 PM

That's right, forgot about that one. In any case, the Chargers have a point in wanting a new stadium. The other stadiums even remotely close in age are being replaced (or very likely to be vacated in the case of Oakland) or have been heavily renovated since the turn of the century. Actually, the only stadiums more than 20 years old that haven't been renovated or won't be renovated heavily/replaced within 5 years are Oakland and San Diego.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

sdmichael

Quote from: cl94 on September 21, 2016, 03:09:25 PM
Quote from: tribar on September 21, 2016, 03:03:20 PM

That's right, forgot about that one. In any case, the Chargers have a point in wanting a new stadium. The other stadiums even remotely close in age are being replaced (or very likely to be vacated in the case of Oakland) or have been heavily renovated since the turn of the century. Actually, the only stadiums more than 20 years old that haven't been renovated or won't be renovated heavily/replaced within 5 years are Oakland and San Diego.

I want a new house. Should I complain to my landlord that I want a new one and threaten to leave if they don't build me one? The Chargers already HAVE a stadium. Last I checked, they are also a private company - worth millions in an overall organization worth billions. Seems that, if they want a new stadium, they can pay for it. Age has nothing to do with it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.