News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Central Florida

Started by Alex, September 20, 2016, 12:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Discussion on projects ongoing or proposed in the Orlando area including Orange, Osceola, Seminole Counties.

FDOT looking into State Road 408 expansion

QuoteThe Florida Department of Transportation said that it will consider taking up the State Road 408 extension project.

The seven-mile extension would stretch the East-West Expressway to State Road 520, instead of ending at State Road 50, where traffic is often snarled.

In recent weeks, the project seemed to reach a stalemate when the Central Florida Expressway Authority concluded that the best route for the road would be along the current State Road 50.

CFX suggested adding toll lanes in the federal-aid right of way on State Road 50, and using those for the 408 expansion.

The Ghostbuster

How much would such a project cost? And what would the right-of-way impacts be?

DeaconG

They could do both, splitting the road at Bithlo with one leg going to 50 and the other one to 520 like the Beachline does at its eastern end where 528 continued to Cocoa Beach and 407 goes to Titusville.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

jwolfer

Are there any plans for making Maitland Blvd(SR 414) a freeway.. it is more or less a California Expressway now from us 441 to i4.. I always found the traffic lights really annoying

NE2

Quote from: jwolfer on September 21, 2016, 11:01:20 PM
Are there any plans for making Maitland Blvd(SR 414) a freeway.. it is more or less a California Expressway now from us 441 to i4.. I always found the traffic lights really annoying
The current I-4 construction includes removing all the lights between I-4 and SR 434; I am not aware of any plans west of SR 434.

An earlier rendering shows the Maitland Summit Boulevard intersection remaining, but it appears that an interchange was added to the plans in 2013 and is now shown in updated plans.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

I read that the Lake Destiny Drive intersection is being removed completely with FL 414 flying over it with no interchange.  Nearby Keller Road will supply the connections, and I did not remember if Keller Road is getting an interchange or not.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.