Photos of my mostly Jersey signs

Started by spitball, November 28, 2016, 12:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitball

I recently added a "bucket lister" to my collection; a 1920s NJ state highway shield.  So, I'm proud to share with 'youse guys' what I got...and one that I had. :)

Blurry shot of a NJ Route 28 shield that my neighbor had put on the curb for disposal!

NJDT mark in the lower right corner of the above sign...anyone know the approximate year of manufacture by this?  I assume 1960s onward... EDIT: Thanks to Steve Alps for his opinion that it is likely early to mid 1980s vintage.

1962 GSP shield (no longer in my collection)

Engineer's writing, dated 1962, on the back of the GSP shield

Old New York City porcelain humpback from Greenwich Village with correct, but non-original, frame and mount

Ca. 1950 embossed porcelain Hunterdon County NJ Route 512 sign

Late 20s cast iron New Jersey Highway 27 shield (Yippeeee!)

1930s porcelain Public Service Bus Station sign - memorable to many Gen-X and older New Jerseyans

Wall display

Wall display other view

Roadrunner75

Quote from: spitball on November 28, 2016, 12:38:34 PM
1930s porcelain Public Service Bus Station sign - memorable to many Gen-X and older New Jerseyans

Nice - I remember these - or at least something similar.

spitball

Quote from: Roadrunner75 on December 12, 2016, 11:26:57 PM
Quote from: spitball on November 28, 2016, 12:38:34 PM

Nice - I remember these - or at least something similar.

There were at least two or three variations of it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.