News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New VA Hospital Denied Caltrans Signage

Started by coatimundi, April 17, 2017, 07:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coatimundi

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/opinion/squidfry/squid-gets-lost-in-a-highway-sign-mess-over-the/article_11367b1a-2399-11e7-bcd9-c364a00dfb25.html

A new VA hospital is set to open by me this summer. I've driven through their parking lot (strangely, the road out front remains closed off while the parking lot is accessible at both ends), and it's a very nice-looking building. It'll be a good resource for us, locally.
So I know I've seen informational signs for VA facilities on even interstates before, and this is a state route. And I don't think that, of anyone out there, that Caltrans can rightfully pull the MUTCD card except to those who are unaware of their own flaunts of it. I'm sure that the intention of this article is to put pressure on Caltrans to erect a simple sign and not dig in to their own bureaucracy, so I would encourage others to contact District 5 about this.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.