News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Columbus Mega Fix? Is it a solution? Also 270 is concerning

Started by jecht, September 21, 2017, 05:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecht

Anyone from Ohio visiting/living in Columbus?

3-year project called the MegaFix seems great--I hope it works. It's still crowded at rush hour, even with the addition of the flyover ramps. I know it's not complete.

Also, when is the construction supposed to be done on 270 west of Dublin? It's still very slow--are they building another lane there?

Go Bucks!
Josh

okroads

I've lived in Columbus for the past 2 years but know there are several others on here who have lived here longer than I have.

MegaFix: I assume you're referring to the North Side MegaFix? I think they are also using the MegaFix term for the project at the I-71/I-270 interchange near Grove City which is just getting underway.

The North Side MegaFix (270/23/315 interchanges) is nearing completion. The ramps from 270 WB to 315 & 23 SB to 270 WB/315 are the last to be completed. I live about a mile from I-270/US 23 and will be glad when this is complete so 315 will become a suitable alternative again between Worthington & where I work in Downtown Columbus.

270 construction on the west side just started around Memorial Day, and they are adding an extra lane in each direction from I-70 to US 33/OH 161.

jecht

Quote from: okroads on September 22, 2017, 08:31:55 PM
I've lived in Columbus for the past 2 years but know there are several others on here who have lived here longer than I have.

MegaFix: I assume you're referring to the North Side MegaFix? I think they are also using the MegaFix term for the project at the I-71/I-270 interchange near Grove City which is just getting underway.

The North Side MegaFix (270/23/315 interchanges) is nearing completion. The ramps from 270 WB to 315 & 23 SB to 270 WB/315 are the last to be completed. I live about a mile from I-270/US 23 and will be glad when this is complete so 315 will become a suitable alternative again between Worthington & where I work in Downtown Columbus.

270 construction on the west side just started around Memorial Day, and they are adding an extra lane in each direction from I-70 to US 33/OH 161.

Thank you! They still haven't done the 23 N to 270 W ramp. Also I hope they close the temporary ramp to 270 at some point.

On 315 N to 23 N and 71 E it is still clogged!

jecht

Quote from: okroads on September 22, 2017, 08:31:55 PM

Update: It appears the Megafix is improving the roads slowly, but they still have one more ramp to fix.

Buck87

Looking forward to the US 23 S to 270 W & 315 ramps to be done

also, we do have a thread for the North Side Mega-Fix here: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7763.0

jecht

Quote from: Buck87 on October 09, 2017, 08:58:22 PM
Looking forward to the US 23 S to 270 W & 315 ramps to be done

also, we do have a thread for the North Side Mega-Fix here: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=7763.0

Thank you for all you do! I'm sorry I didn't catch that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.