News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Travel time between Tulsa and Saint Louis

Started by bugo, March 12, 2014, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Google shows it being 409 miles from my house to Collinsville, Illinois, and the travel time is listed at 6 hours.  This seems a little optimistic.  What is the actual travel time if you do the speed limit?  I've never made this drive.

NE2

I-44 in OK is 75 mph, and I-44 in MO appears to be 70 mph in rural areas. Using those speeds, it takes just over 5 hours to get from the beginning of the turnpike to I-270, which matches the Goog's estimate. I see no reason in this case to distrust the Goog, though you may want to bail onto I-255 if traffic bips.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

Quote from: bugo on March 12, 2014, 07:53:00 AM
Google shows it being 409 miles from my house to Collinsville, Illinois, and the travel time is listed at 6 hours.  This seems a little optimistic.  What is the actual travel time if you do the speed limit?  I've never made this drive.

Don't know exactly where you live, but I chose US-169 and I-44 as a starting point.  I usually use Bing Maps for drive time and have found them to be a bit more accurate than Google Maps (which I usually run faster than).  On Bing, it's 400 miles for that distance for 5 hours and 44 minutes.  So, I'd say the 6 hours isn't all that far off.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

jeffandnicole

While I don't think Google factors this in, you'll most likely be stopping for gas, foot, using the lavatory*, etc.  The Google Maps time generally is a good overall figure as long as traffic moves normally; if anything, it's a little pestimistic.

* - my mom used to work in a school.  She still says using the lavatory, whereas the rest of the world simply saying pooing going to the bath/mens/ladies room.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Revive 755

Quote from: NE2 on March 12, 2014, 08:46:50 AM
I see no reason in this case to distrust the Goog, though you may want to bail onto I-255 if traffic bips.

I recommend caution on decided on using I-255 versus simply switching to one of the other downtown bridges if the PSB ramps is backed (as it is 90% of the time).  I-255 is constantly under construction anymore and frequently down to one through lane each way (out of six), which seems to cause issues in at least the evening peak.  Plus with the new exit from EB I-44 (former WB I-70) to Washington Street, the Eads Bridge is one right turn away, and it is much easier to access the MLK Bridge.

bugo

I know what "The Goog" says.  I'm looking for somebody who has actually driven this route.

hotdogPi

Why does this thread's title look like it says something else at first glance (check the title of my post)?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Brian556

For time travel between Tulsa and St Louis, you would need a modified DeLorian.

bugo

I don't know if an actual DeLorean would hit 88 MPH with that wimpy P-R-V V6.

jnewkirk77

Quote from: bugo on March 12, 2014, 10:13:54 PM
I know what "The Goog" says.  I'm looking for somebody who has actually driven this route.

6 1/2 is doable if you're alone and make quick restroom stops.  More realistically, plan on 7 to be safe.  Been there, done it.

bugo

I was thinking it would be more like 7. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.