News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-244 construction (East Tulsa)

Started by BigOkie, January 04, 2013, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigOkie

It looks like this is about halfway completed.  I hadn't been on this section of road in some time; got on it last week.

Yes, Bugo, monotubes abound on it now.  I'll try and get some video today and post it

mc78andrew

What's the deal with that left exit at N. Sheridan?  Does that cause traffic back ups at the rush?

bugo

There's also an X interchange at Memorial.

rte66man

Quote from: mc78andrew on January 07, 2013, 09:11:20 PM
What's the deal with that left exit at N. Sheridan?  Does that cause traffic back ups at the rush?

Not really.  It was done that way to get traffic signal separation from the ones at Sheridan and Admiral.  Think of it as an early, defective SPUI.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

route56

Photo of above mentioned interchange, from my December trip:

Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Scott5114

Check out the lovely gore point sign. There are plenty of them in Tulsa that are made in such a well-thought out way.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

BigOkie

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 20, 2013, 02:44:17 AM
Check out the lovely gore point sign. There are plenty of them in Tulsa that are made in such a well-thought out way.

Still well thought out.  Sorry the video took so long guys.  Had a chance to drive it towards my home this afternoon.  Started out about Yale and ends at the Mingo exit eastbound.

They're making progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7u4V-pAJBo

bugo

I drove on 244 westbound from Garnett to Harvard today and noticed the OK 11 exit sign is just marked for "Tulsa Airport" instead of OK 11.  Maybe they'll add an OK 11 shield when they finish construction.

BigOkie

Quote from: Stalin on February 06, 2013, 09:53:15 PM
I drove on 244 westbound from Garnett to Harvard today and noticed the OK 11 exit sign is just marked for "Tulsa Airport" instead of OK 11.  Maybe they'll add an OK 11 shield when they finish construction.

The westbound one is the same; however the 1/4 mile sign includes the SH11 shield and "Tulsa Int'l Airport".  They have that exit sign without the shield on the Memorial overpass.

bugo

Quote from: BigOkie on February 07, 2013, 05:22:27 PM

The westbound one is the same; however the 1/4 mile sign includes the SH11 shield and "Tulsa Int'l Airport".  They have that exit sign without the shield on the Memorial overpass.

You mean eastbound?  The WB sign right at the exit just says "Tulsa Int'l Airport" or something along those lines.

BigOkie

Quote from: Stalin on February 07, 2013, 05:38:38 PM
Quote from: BigOkie on February 07, 2013, 05:22:27 PM

You mean eastbound?  The WB sign right at the exit just says "Tulsa Int'l Airport" or something along those lines.

yeah, sorry.  Eastbound.  They have an indicator on the monotube sign right at the Memorial Drive exit.  I don't remember the sign right at the exit (on the Memorial overpass) having the state shield eastbound before the new signs, but I could be mistaken.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.