News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Fall 2014?

Started by hbelkins, August 23, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

Quote from: hbelkins on August 27, 2014, 03:46:05 PM
I do want to do something surrounding the opening of the new US 460 routing in Pike County, Ky., but it's looking more and more like that will be this winter.

Have you ever considered hosting a Corridor H meet?

hbelkins

Corridor H is a little too far away from me for me to feel adequate to host one.

I'm also not sure where one could have the lunch portion of the meet.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

froggie

Moorefield has some options.

jpi

Also Elkins has a few sit down chain restaurants evne though it is on the far western end of it. Depending on if and when something like this would happen, I should be able to attend.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Elkins is probably too far away from the portion where construction is ongoing to be a viable option. I'm not sure what's in Moorefield or Petersburg that would be suitable.

I thought perhaps there might be someplace in Davis, since it caters to skiers and other resort-goers, but I'm not familiar with the options available there, and it's too far away for me to adequately scout.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

DanTheMan414

Quote from: rawmustard on August 31, 2014, 08:52:53 AM
Now that I'm back at full-time status and have a new car, I suppose I could throw something together if I have the time. My fellow Michiganders have talked of wanting to see the new US-131 bypass around Constantine, and that could be thrown together with the historic bridges in St. Joseph County if not the larger happenings with US-31 near South Bend. There's also talk of wanting to see the 96fix in Livonia and/or the Herb Gray Parkway in Windsor, but I'd be less likely to plan those meets.

I had talked with Sam earlier this summer about the possibility of doing a Detroit-area meet, perhaps around November or around the holidays, highlighting the completion of the I-96 reconstruction and some other items of interest around that area (including the newer roundabout at the north end of M-5).

getemngo

Quote from: DanTheMan414 on September 09, 2014, 11:59:29 AM
Quote from: rawmustard on August 31, 2014, 08:52:53 AM
Now that I'm back at full-time status and have a new car, I suppose I could throw something together if I have the time. My fellow Michiganders have talked of wanting to see the new US-131 bypass around Constantine, and that could be thrown together with the historic bridges in St. Joseph County if not the larger happenings with US-31 near South Bend. There's also talk of wanting to see the 96fix in Livonia and/or the Herb Gray Parkway in Windsor, but I'd be less likely to plan those meets.

I had talked with Sam earlier this summer about the possibility of doing a Detroit-area meet, perhaps around November or around the holidays, highlighting the completion of the I-96 reconstruction and some other items of interest around that area (including the newer roundabout at the north end of M-5).

I'd support either of those. It would also be great to have a Battle Creek-Jackson meet that included Historic Bridge Park and the removal of I-94's Exit 144, but that's probably way too far from the Constantine stuff.

Brandon has talked about hosting his own South Bend/US 31 meet, but I don't know if that's still on the table.
~ Sam from Michigan

rawmustard

Quote from: getemngo on September 09, 2014, 06:45:15 PM
I'd support either of those. It would also be great to have a Battle Creek-Jackson meet that included Historic Bridge Park and the removal of I-94's Exit 144, but that's probably way too far from the Constantine stuff.

Don't forget that Battle Creek and Jackson are about 40 miles apart if you're thinking Constantine is too far from Battle Creek. I've been thinking Battle Creek might have enough stuff for a meet of its own, but like the other places I mentioned upthread, I haven't made any plans yet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.