News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Old sign for Municipal Stadium in Kansas City?

Started by TheStranger, August 25, 2010, 05:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

From a discussion at the Uni Watch Blog:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2010/08/25/there-used-to-be-a-ballpark-here-part-i/#comments

QuoteMy dad took me to my first Royals game at Municipal Stadium in 1972, when I was seven years old. We sat in the upper deck, and I remember being very, very worried about tripping down those impossibly steep steps and falling over the edge.

There is another reminder of Municipal's presence that I can think of — a couple of blocks north of the site, near the original Arthur Bryant's barbecue, there is a faded sign on an overpass directing people to "Stadium Parking" .

Anyone know if this was a city-installed sign, or something near or along a numbered highway?
Chris Sampang

huskeroadgeek

The only place nearby where there would be an overpass is I-70, which is a few blocks north of the Arthur Bryant's barbecue mentioned, and roughly about a half mile north of the site of the old Municipal Stadium. I looked around a little on Street View and I couldn't see any indication of the "Stadium Parking" sign mentioned.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.