News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

IDriveArkansas website is online

Started by M86, October 13, 2013, 01:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

http://www.idrivearkansas.com/

It shows current construction, weather conditions, traffic, etc.

Definitely needed, but I'd like to see a more easy way to view studies, public meetings, future plans, STIPs, etc... Not all of that is posted on AHTD's website at arkansashighways.com... And when it is, it's so hard to find.

And AHTD's Twitter is random... It seems to focus on the Little Rock region... It's funny that they will tweet about accidents in that region, but won't in NWA.

bugo

I want meeting minutes from before 1953.  The existing minute archive is nice, but it would be even nicer if it went back until at least the 1920s.

US71

Is there a way to find out which roads are closed due to flooding? Some of the roads around West Memphis are shown as traffic stopped today, but no indication as to why (accident? flood? forest fire? ). While I'm sure it is likely to be the flooding, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

There is an icon on the left side that says "flooded road map" but it only shows one tiny segment in the Ozarks as flooded, so that can't be right
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on June 29, 2014, 12:41:51 PM
There is an icon on the left side that says "flooded road map" but it only shows one tiny segment in the Ozarks as flooded, so that can't be right

Memphis/West Memphis got hit hard! I have a friend whose house flooded.

robbones

I had to detour at Palestine and had to detour the detour because of flooding

US71

Quote from: robbones on June 29, 2014, 04:43:55 PM
I had to detour at Palestine and had to detour the detour because of flooding

I did that once near Ola, AR about 5-6 years ago: the road flooded, so I detoured, but the detour was flooded, so I turned around headed back and almost got caught in yet another flood.

M86

Has anyone with an Android phone been able to load the app?  I just get a white screen.

US71

Quote from: M86 on June 30, 2014, 01:58:08 AM
Has anyone with an Android phone been able to load the app?  I just get a white screen.

Yes.
You may try downloading the app again.

AHTD

Yes, this is a known issue and our developers are working on it.

Works GREAT on a PC though!

We are getting ready to launch an alternate routes feature. It will be much more than just a PDF.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

bugo

A computer won't be very helpful when you're on the road and have no wifi access and you're coming onto a flood/blizzard/whatever.  This site needs to work on phones.  In fact, it needed to be developed with phones in mind first and ported over to computers later.

Scott5114

It seems to work passably well without an app in the default Android browser, although an almost-transparent "How did you find this site?" survey appeared overlaying a fourth of the screen, which wouldn't go away until I pressed No Thanks.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

AHTD

Had a discussion with the developer about this today.

We are looking at contracting with the developer to test the site as new operating systems are pushed - on both mobile and desktops.

We will get there- be patient. Well aware of the issues. Can't fix it all overnight, but please keep the comments flowing.

Thanks!
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.