News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Best of Road Pictures

Started by CentralCAroadgeek, April 25, 2012, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on January 17, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
Quote from: formulanone on January 09, 2017, 09:36:02 AM
US 12 just east of Alpowa Summit, Washington:

I can't help but say that is one beautiful road picture. The road looks nice, and so does the scenery. I don't think I realized some parts of Washington looked quite like that, but it's pretty. I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised, though, because a lot of eastern Oregon looks kind of like that as well.

Thanks! I'm used to the Seattle area and the Peninsula, so that was a treat. I forgot my camera that week, so that's courtesy of an iPhone 6.

Max Rockatansky

Fresh pics from today...

County Route G16:

kkt

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kkt on January 22, 2017, 03:02:56 PM
Lovely green hills!

For now, all that green can be attributed to the huge winter storms this year.  I got this pano from 198 on the descent from the Diablo Range.  Basically it over looks the San Andreas Fault, Gabilan Range, and Santa Lucia Range off in the distance:

Not exactly a road photo per se, but the view can't beat especially when it usually has a desert/semi-arid tinge to it.

Max Rockatansky

Some CA 152 stuff over Pacheco Pass and the San Luis Reservoir:

kkt

That can't be California!  There's too much water!   :hyper:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kkt on January 23, 2017, 11:13:46 PM
That can't be California!  There's too much water!   :hyper:

Yeah I'll have to dig up my picture from the Kings River on Jackson Avenue this afternoon.  I've never seen even the river beds so full even the Central Valley. 

formulanone

This evening's sunset on the Sandia Mountains and US 550 in Bernalillo, New Mexico:

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

7/8

Here's my favourites out of my collection:

SK 10 heading east into Fort Qu'Appelle, Saskatchewan

Heading south on SK 56 in the Qu'Appelle Valley

A typical prairie road :-D! This is on TCH 16 in Manitoba between Minnedosa and TCH 1

Heading south on QC 105 near Low

Heading east on ON 60 in Algonquin Park

The West Montrose Covered Bridge in Waterloo Region, ON

Waterloo RR 15 (Lobsinger Line)

inkyatari

Here's a personal favorite from my bicycling adventures...

This is Collins Rd. / Dresden Rd. north of Coal City, IL  taken from the NE access to Heideckie Lake

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

AsphaltPlanet

reviving an old thread... entering Downtown Pittsburgh from the Fort Pitt Tunnel:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/PA/Pittsburgh/I279_PA_FortPitt_Jul17_24x16.jpg

Max Rockatansky

Hell I'll bite....here is some recent stuff I've done this year that seems to have some merit perhaps here also?

NF 80/Kaiser Pass Road from the top of Kaiser Ridge:

IMG_2657 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 178 looking east into Lower Kern River Canyon:

0 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 158 June Lake Loop looking at the Sierras:

Green Street looking north in Bodie:

CA 120 in Lee Vining Canyon on the descent from Tioga Pass:

IMG_1627 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Kemble Road underneath CA 49:

Donner Pass Road/Old US 40 from Donner Pass:

The Nacimiento-Fergusson Road descending to CA 1 and Big Sur:

The Rocky Creek Bridge on CA 1 in Big Sur:

z19 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

jmd41280

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

Ian

I took this photo of the Deer Isle Bridge (ME 15 between Sedgwick and Deer Isle, Maine) a few weekends ago. First time capturing the Milky Way also!

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Max Rockatansky

A couple more I thought turned out really well this year...

CA 1 in Big Sur from the Nacimiento-Fergusson Road.  This is the section from Gorda to Limekiln State Park which was cut-off by the Mudcreek Slide and Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge crumbling:

IMG_0389 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

The old abandoned Eastern Dixie Highway which is near Espanola, FL:

1 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 180 at the bottom of Kings Canyon:

16 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

The Blue Ridge Parkway from the Water Rock Knob Overlook:

z51 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

The overgrown portion of Old US 1/Overseas Highway on the Atlantic side of Boca Chica Key:

z75 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Mountain Route 296/Yokohl Valley Drive, I thought this looked great in black and white:

Z11 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

And the Golden Gate Bridge at sunrise:

IMG_4337 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

formulanone

Some aerial uploads from the past month or so...old and new.

Flying over the East LA Interchange; I-5, I-10, CA 60, and US 101 (February 2017):

I-495 and Maryland Route 190 (March 2013):

Red Mountain Parkway at I-20/59 in Birmingham (April 2013):

US 90 in Lafayette, Louisiana (March 2015):

7/8

I took some photos in the town of The Blue Mountains, ON today. Here's two of them:

Facing east on Grey Rd 119 from the top of the Niagara Escarpment. It's a great view of Georgian Bay and Collingwood!

Facing west on Grey Rd 119 heading into Beaver Valley. I love how far you can see the road, and how it stays pretty straight through the hills.

kkt

Quote from: 7/8 on November 06, 2017, 10:09:27 PM
I took some photos in the town of The Blue Mountains, ON today. Here's two of them:

Facing east on Grey Rd 119 from the top of the Niagara Escarpment. It's a great view of Georgian Bay and Collingwood!

Facing west on Grey Rd 119 heading into Beaver Valley. I love how far you can see the road, and how it stays pretty straight through the hills.

Classic Roman or British road...

AsphaltPlanet

One from me, Quebec Highway 381 from a couple of months ago:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/PQ/R/381/R381_cl_38_south_Sep17_24x16.jpg

This road was unbelievably entertaining to drive.

formulanone

Rainy afternoon in Cocoa Beach, Florida:

jmd41280

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

AsphaltPlanet

Reviving an old thread... but I really like this photo.  This was taken on California Highway 33 just north of Pine Mountain Summit:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/CA/CA/33/CA33_PineSummit_north_Mar18_24x16.jpg

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on March 30, 2018, 11:57:42 PM
Reviving an old thread... but I really like this photo.  This was taken on California Highway 33 just north of Pine Mountain Summit:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/CA/CA/33/CA33_PineSummit_north_Mar18_24x16.jpg

When did you hit 33 north of Ventura?  I was last out there in 2016 tracking the alignment of US 399, I was a little partial to the panoramic quality of the roadway:

2 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.