News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

ODOT August 2010 Final Bids

Started by rte66man, July 12, 2010, 12:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

ODOT posted the Aug 2010 bid list. A couple of interesting projects:
(1) - the OK66 bridge across I44 at Kellyville is finally due to be replaced at an estimated cost of $11,872,551. JP 25562(04).
(2) - I40 pavement rehab from MP 206 east 6 miles at a cost of $32,000,000. At that price, I hope the project is a complete rebuild rather than a resurfacing. JP 13626(07).

The Sep tentative list shows:
(1) - I40 Morgan Road interchange reconstruction in Canadian County at an estimated $31,000,000. JP 21008(04).
(2) - I40 pavement reconstruction from MM139 to 141 in Canadian County at an estimated $28,000,000. JP 24424(09). This is in conjunction with the Morgan Road interchange rebuild. It says no added lanes, but I hope they fix it so all six lanes are through lanes.
(3) - US62 Ft Sill Blvd and Sheridan Road interchanges at an estimated $4,500,000 for both. Good to see they are addressing the bastardization of ramps at those interchanges.
(4) -  two more I40 Crosstown projects; one for surfacing at May Ave and the other at the east end near Lincoln at an estimated $35,500,000 for both.

As usual, there are a large number of bridge rehab/rebuild jobs listed all over the state.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

okroads

Quote from: rte66man on July 12, 2010, 12:21:11 PM
ODOT posted the Aug 2010 bid list. A couple of interesting projects:
(1) - the OK66 bridge across I44 at Kellyville is finally due to be replaced at an estimated cost of $11,872,551. JP 25562(04).

I noticed yesterday on a short trip between OKC & Tulsa that there were temporary VMS signs up warning of construction starting today in this area. I'll miss this old bridge, though; it was one of my favorite bridges to see on trips I took to Michigan as a kid...

rte66man

Given the cost and the angle of the bridge, I am assuming that a detour and temp bridge is in order.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Scott5114

Any details on the Morgan Road construction? Last I heard it was supposed to become a SPUI. The Main Street interchange in Norman is also supposed to be a SPUI; it will be interesting which will be the first to be finished and become Oklahoma's first SPUI.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 13, 2010, 01:10:54 AM
Any details on the Morgan Road construction? Last I heard it was supposed to become a SPUI. The Main Street interchange in Norman is also supposed to be a SPUI; it will be interesting which will be the first to be finished and become Oklahoma's first SPUI.
There are two left-on and left-off SPUIs on I-244 in Tulsa.

Scott5114

Those are not true SPUIs in my book–although they are urban interchanges where all ramps meet at a single point, they do not feature the wide, opposing left turns that define true SPUIs.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.