News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Chicago Cubs Win the 2015 World Series!

Started by Henry, December 11, 2014, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Quote from: formulanone on November 03, 2016, 07:07:08 AM
We all know the Cubs didn't really win this year, but last year. After Marty stole the sports almanac, there was a precessional shift in the sporting cosmos, until the apparition of Pete Rose could mysteriously appear on television.

Speaking of Pete Rose, I heard a commercial on the radio today where he was the spokesperson for some life insurance stuff.  At the end, after he said how to contact the company, he said you can also fill out a petition to get him into the Hall of Fame!

mvak36

I am still on such a high from the win last night. I'm operating on like 2 hours of sleep. It still feels surreal.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

TR69

Quote from: mvak36 on November 03, 2016, 09:56:22 AM
I am still on such a high from the win last night. I'm operating on like 2 hours of sleep. It still feels surreal.

Same here. Got to sleep around 3am EDT. No more hearing about 1908! No more black cats, billy goats, or Bartmans! No more "lovable losers"! Eamus catuli!!!

mvak36

Quote from: TR69 on November 03, 2016, 10:22:05 AM

Same here. Got to sleep around 3am EDT. No more hearing about 1908! No more black cats, billy goats, or Bartmans! No more "lovable losers"! Eamus catuli!!!

Shit. My heart rate finally went back to normal like 2 hours after the game. The 8th through the 10th innings were a living hell. But we won  :bigass:
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Desert Man

The baseball moment of the century or millennia: CUBS WIN! Score 8-7 vs the Indians in Cleveland. The game tied in the 8th, then a rain delay in the 9th and finally, the Cubs scored in the 10th. It's been a long long LONG time for the Chicago Cubs to call themselves world series champions. Congrats Cubbies! Both sides of Chicago now have world series titles in recent years: the Chicago White Sox (AL) in 2005 after 86 years without one.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

inkyatari

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Alps

So was today declared a holiday in Chicago? I can't imagine many people went to work and did anything productive.

slorydn1

Last night was the one time I thanked God that I worked night shift. I watched the game at work, went home and celebrated, slept all day, so I feel completely normal tonight, LOL.

I still cannot believe they won. As I was falling asleep this morning I kept talking to my dad who passed away in 2011-"We did it, dad, we finally did it!"

When I woke up to get ready to come to work tonight, I had to check the my phone to make sure the Cubs actually did get it done and that I hadn't just dreamt it.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

inkyatari

Quote from: slorydn1 on November 03, 2016, 10:48:57 PM

I still cannot believe they won. As I was falling asleep this morning I kept talking to my dad who passed away in 2011-"We did it, dad, we finally did it!"

It felt, and still feels very surreal.

ET21

Quote from: Alps on November 03, 2016, 10:41:22 PM
So was today declared a holiday in Chicago? I can't imagine many people went to work and did anything productive.

Nope, I'm still going to work. Its a bullshit declaration they do everytime a team wins. Many are working from home though cause downtown will be on lockdown for the parade
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

CNGL-Leudimin

It finally turned out that the Back to the Future Part II prophecy was off one year. The Cubs not only broke the Curse of the Billy Goat, they also avoided the Sports Illustrated cover jinx despite them appearing there in the October 10 issue.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

I-39

I can't believe they won, I thought for sure Cleveland was going to pull an Aaron Boone moment (ala 2003 ALCS) and win in the bottom of the 9th.

Still, I'm thrilled. No more 1908 jokes, Billy Goats, Black cats, Leon Durham, 89 NLCS choke, Steve Bartman, late season collapse jokes, and on and on. 

slorydn1

Quote from: ET21 on November 04, 2016, 10:41:46 AM

Nope, I'm still going to work. Its a bullshit declaration they do everytime a team wins. Many are working from home though cause downtown will be on lockdown for the parade

I was a sophomore in high school (Quigley North) when the Bears won Super Bowl XX. We went to our first 2 classes and then they kicked us loose to go to the rally which was held at Daley Plaza that year. It was so cold I ended up with pneumonia that caused me to miss two weeks of school, LOL.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

US71

Quote from: I-39 on November 04, 2016, 07:58:12 PM
I can't believe they won, I thought for sure Cleveland was going to pull an Aaron Boone moment (ala 2003 ALCS) and win in the bottom of the 9th.

Still, I'm thrilled. No more 1908 jokes, Billy Goats, Black cats, Leon Durham, 89 NLCS choke, Steve Bartman, late season collapse jokes, and on and on. 

Somewhere, Harry and Jack are having a beer.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ET21

Quote from: slorydn1 on November 04, 2016, 08:57:39 PM

I was a sophomore in high school (Quigley North) when the Bears won Super Bowl XX. We went to our first 2 classes and then they kicked us loose to go to the rally which was held at Daley Plaza that year. It was so cold I ended up with pneumonia that caused me to miss two weeks of school, LOL.

Never got off for the White Sox in 05, 96-98 Bulls titles had nothing for us, and the Hawks were during the summer which worked nicely.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Desert Man

Quote from: ET21 on November 05, 2016, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: slorydn1 on November 04, 2016, 08:57:39 PM

Never got off for the White Sox in 05, 96-98 Bulls titles had nothing for us, and the Hawks were during the summer which worked nicely.

What if the Bears win another super bowl? Bring back the Super Bowl Shuffle (huge hit in 1986, retro favorite 2007 and it's comin' again). Another holiday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzMZkT8WIJQ
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

golden eagle

Quote from: mvak36 on November 03, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
Quote from: TR69 on November 03, 2016, 10:22:05 AM

Shit. My heart rate finally went back to normal like 2 hours after the game. The 8th through the 10th innings were a living hell. But we won  :bigass:

That 8th inning was hell! I was thinking that the billy goat and black cat curses all converged and showed up at once.

inkyatari

I still get teary eyed watching that last out of the game.

Henry

I still can't believe I waited 46 years for this to happen! So this means that every Chicago team has won a championship in the last 35 years: the '85 Bears, the '91-93 and '96-98 Bulls, the '05 White Sox, the '10, 13 and 15 Blackhawks, and now the Cubs! Here's hoping they do it again next year :D
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

slorydn1

Quote from: Henry on December 24, 2016, 04:14:02 PM
I still can't believe I waited 46 years for this to happen! So this means that every Chicago team has won a championship in the last 35 years: the '85 Bears, the '91-93 and '96-98 Bulls, the '05 White Sox, the '10, 13 and 15 Blackhawks, and now the Cubs! Here's hoping they do it again next year :D

One can only hope!

Stephane Dumas

Here a little moment of laugh with the Downfall parody clips where Hitler reacts to the Cubs victory. For those who have a guilty pleasure like me to watch these parody clips. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqB4qKiYVSk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDxyeqX9lYY

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.