News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Chicago Cubs Win the 2015 World Series!

Started by Henry, December 11, 2014, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajlynch91

Whether the Cubs win the World Series next year, or 1000 years from now, I don't want to be within several hundred miles of this city when it happens...

ET21

Quote from: ajlynch91 on December 26, 2014, 11:51:42 AM
Whether the Cubs win the World Series next year, or 1000 years from now, I don't want to be within several hundred miles of this city when it happens...

I'll watch with popcorn and a good beer on a balcony lol
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

texaskdog

I wouldn't want to be the guy with headphones on that gets blamed if they lose :P

Henry

If the real Cubs win the World Series next year, I will move back just to get lifetime season tickets :sombrero:
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Desert Man

In the real world, the 2015 Cubs need to reach wild card spot in season's end: they have to get past the Mets, Giants, Pirates, Dodgers and Cards. I suppose a Florida team will make it (the Rays), while the AL leaders are the Twins, Yanks, Royals and Astros, formerly a NL team who went to the 2005 world series to only lose to the White sox, Chicago's other major league ball club. As an Angels fan, I want them to reach the postseason and unlike last year's sweep in the first round, I seriously hope the Angels make it...and may they play the Cubs.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

algorerhythms

Quote from: Henry on December 30, 2014, 11:36:49 AM
If the real Cubs win the World Series next year, I will move back just to get lifetime season tickets :sombrero:
Sure, but they wouldn't win again until 2115.

Quote from: Mike D boy on June 19, 2015, 10:52:03 AM
In the real world, the 2015 Cubs need to reach wild card spot in season's end: they have to get past the Mets, Giants, Pirates, Dodgers and Cards. I suppose a Florida team will make it (the Rays), while the AL leaders are the Twins, Yanks, Royals and Astros, formerly a NL team who went to the 2005 world series to only lose to the White sox, Chicago's other major league ball club. As an Angels fan, I want them to reach the postseason and unlike last year's sweep in the first round, I seriously hope the Angels make it...and may they play the Cubs.
Well, the guy in the movie did say it was a "million-to-one shot."

Desert Man

In the world of video game simulation, anything goes...I found this on YT: the Orioles won the 2015 world series vs. the Cardinals (it's possible the two will be in this postseason). On my video game versions: the then-Montreal Expos swept the Cleveland Indians (my HS senior year 1998) and the Seattle Mariners defeated the L.A. Dodgers in 6 games (2000s on PS2). The 1994 Expos and 2001 Mariners seasons in RL were so sad: the Expos never had a postseason during the MLB strike and the Mariners may had 120 season wins, but couldn't win the ALCS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLQ7I2A38QM

EDIT: LOL about the Cardinals staff allegedly hacked the Houston Astros web site to find out why the Astros are so good this year. The Cards have a high chance of winning this year's world series, but they shouldn't try to copy (er, steal) the Astros' secrets.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

US71

If they make the World Series, I'll HAVE to go for at least one game. Maybe we get a World Series Road Meet? ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Quote from: US71 on June 19, 2015, 07:51:16 PM
If they make the World Series, I'll HAVE to go for at least one game. Maybe we get a World Series Road Meet? ;)

Why didn't we have one last year when the Royals were in the World Series?

texaskdog

I didn't notice they actually are doing well this year, would be a WC if the season ended today.  They're still the cubs and still won't win but it is a surprise.

Desert Man

The mid-season: in the American League, my Angels are now first place above the Astros by a game (or two). The Royals are leading the Central above the Twins, and the Yanks are the team everyone hates: they win, win, WIN. In the National, the Cards are another Missouri team to watch (again, the most team wins so far), but looking ahead, the Dodgers could hold on. The Pirates, Cubs and Nats know they're halfway there to the postseason if they continue their winning streaks. Tomorrow is the MLB Home Run Derby and on Tues, the All-Star Game in Cincy, I wonder the Reds legend Pete Rose is invited to appear on the field (ROFL, no way).

ajlynch91

Funny what a few months can do...all of a sudden the Cubs are four games away from the World Series.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: ajlynch91 on October 15, 2015, 01:09:13 AM
Funny what a few months can do...all of a sudden the Cubs are four wins away from the World Series.

FTFY

texaskdog

I'm happy the Mets are going to the World Series again!  Could the Cubs have a Buckner moment?

Brandon

Quote from: texaskdog on October 16, 2015, 10:16:44 AM
I'm happy the Mets are going to the World Series again!  Could the Cubs have a Buckner moment?

For the Cubs, it'd be a Bartman moment.

Otherwise, as much as it may pain me to say it (Tigers fan here), Chicago > New York.  It didn't break my heart to see the Cards get beat either.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

US 41

I'm rooting for Kansas City the rest of the way. They're my second favorite team in the MLB. (The Cincinnati Reds are my favorite.  :-() I will root for Chicago over the Mets.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Henry

Buckner is (or was, since the Red Sox have won three World Series in this century alone) the Boston equivalent of Bartman. And I'm hoping that my Cubs will go all the way, like they did in Back to the Future!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

jp the roadgeek

I'll always be a Red Sox fan, but I'd like to see the winner of the NLCS take it all.  The AL teams are blah. I wouldn't mind the Mets because it would finally put '86 in the rearview mirror and it would irk Yankee fans to see their crosstown rivals celebrate with a ticker tape parade.  As for the Cubs, it's the whole 107 year factor, as well as the Theo connection.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Pete from Boston

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on October 16, 2015, 12:30:39 PM
I'll always be a Red Sox fan, but I'd like to see the winner of the NLCS take it all.  The AL teams are blah. I wouldn't mind the Mets because it would finally put '86 in the rearview mirror and it would irk Yankee fans to see their crosstown rivals celebrate with a ticker tape parade.  As for the Cubs, it's the whole 107 year factor, as well as the Theo connection.

As a Yankee fan, I can live with three Mets wins in 55 years, or three Red Sox wins in 95 years.  Neither carries much of a bragging right.

Henry

And now the Cubs are one loss away from elimination. They need to study very closely what the 2004 Red Sox did in the exact same situation and use that as their motivation.

CNGL-Leudimin

I decided to end my special root for the Cubs as it appears they won't be able to prove the Back to the Future prophecy true. But again, after having seen an association football team topping a 0-3 score against them, anything is possible. Coincidentally the same match is going to happen next weekend.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

US 41

Well my pick is that the Royals win the World Series in 6 games against the Mets.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Henry on October 21, 2015, 12:33:52 PM
And now the Cubs are one loss away from elimination. They need to study very closely what the 2004 Red Sox did in the exact same situation and use that as their motivation.

Play the rest of the series in Boston & the Bronx?  :-D

Big John

Or they just correctly predicted the last day the Cubs will play in 2015?

US 41

Quote from: Big John on October 21, 2015, 08:54:11 PM
Or they just correctly predicted the last day the Cubs will play in 2015?

Yep, the Cubs are down 6-1 at the top of the 6th. It looks like they will be the ones getting swept on October 21, 2015.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.