News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Forum Status

Started by Zeffy, July 27, 2016, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I had to do this to post

Sorry
0 (0%)
^
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

hotdogPi

Quote from: froggie on July 28, 2016, 08:53:37 AM
Two things, given some of the above comments:

- I'm having no problem viewing the ranks.

- Not everyone uses the Button Copy theme (nor the default theme).

The ranks are visible now, but they were not yesterday.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

nexus73

Thanks for resetting to the "old" style look.  It's much easier to deal with for me.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cl94

Quote from: 1 on July 28, 2016, 08:56:06 AM
Quote from: froggie on July 28, 2016, 08:53:37 AM
Two things, given some of the above comments:

- I'm having no problem viewing the ranks.

- Not everyone uses the Button Copy theme (nor the default theme).

The ranks are visible now, but they were not yesterday.

Ranks weren't visible when it went back up, as said above. Only 1 person isn't using button copy.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Zeffy

I accidentally turned mods off and then realized they weren't present and put them back.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

froggie

QuoteOnly 1 person isn't using button copy.

Probably because Button Copy is the default, and I'm the only one who bothered to change.

chays

Quote from: Alex on July 28, 2016, 07:52:48 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 28, 2016, 06:44:52 AM
Quote from: LM117 on July 28, 2016, 06:16:03 AM
Quote from: 1 on July 27, 2016, 09:27:23 PM
What caused the forum to go down?

I was about to ask the same thing. I almost started to think that it got canned like the bip...

http://biproads.com/?reqp=1&reqr=nzcdYz5hMJWhpJLhpTW6

I remember this happening at least once before.  If I remember right, the forum got hacked in late 2010 and it was down for a few days.  Otherwise it may have just been down for SMF related things and that other time.

There have been a number of times where the forum was hacked and had to be taken into maintenance mode. This time appears to be related to a slight .htaccess change I made regarding a 301/RewriteEngine on command line in the parent directory of the site.

May I respectfully suggest, that with any future outages, to add a note on your Twitter, Facebook, or blog, with some sort of status update, or a "we know its down" note.

Alex

Quote from: chays on July 28, 2016, 02:43:47 PM
May I respectfully suggest, that with any future outages, to add a note on your Twitter, Facebook, or blog, with some sort of status update, or a "we know its down" note.

I have done that before, but the timing of this outage coincided with a day where I was not going to have internet access outside of my phone. I will again next time we take it into maintenance mode.

chays

Quote from: Alex on July 28, 2016, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: chays on July 28, 2016, 02:43:47 PM

I have done that before, but the timing of this outage coincided with a day where I was not going to have internet access outside of my phone. I will again next time we take it into maintenance mode.
10-4 thanks!

oscar

My avatar isn't shown in my posts. I looked in my forum profile, and the avatar displays correctly there; just not in my posts.

Other people who seem to have uploaded their own avatar images as I did, rather than selecting one of the forum's own images, seem not to be having this issue.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

7/8

Quote from: oscar on July 28, 2016, 07:14:35 PM
My avatar isn't shown in my posts. I looked in my forum profile, and the avatar displays correctly there; just not in my posts.

Other people who seem to have uploaded their own avatar images as I did, rather than selecting one of the forum's own images, seem not to be having this issue.

I can see your avatar. Yesterday this was a problem for me, but it's been okay today.

Zeffy

I have an issue (only me, and only on this computer) where I can't post new topics in this or the Suggestions forum without posting a poll. It's beyond bizarre, because I tried making a topic at work from my phone and it worked just fine.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

oscar

Quote from: 7/8 on July 28, 2016, 07:28:39 PM
Quote from: oscar on July 28, 2016, 07:14:35 PM

I can see your avatar. Yesterday this was a problem for me, but it's been okay today.

Now so can I, from both my desktop and notebook PCs.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Roadrunner75

I'm disappointed the poll is closed.  I want to vote for "Sorry".

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Zeffy on July 28, 2016, 08:20:21 PM
I have an issue (only me, and only on this computer) where I can't post new topics in this or the Suggestions forum without posting a poll. It's beyond bizarre, because I tried making a topic at work from my phone and it worked just fine.

Just a possible idea that came to mind, have you tried to delete ALL of you cookies for your browser?  Maybe that will fix it.  Or maybe just use CCleaner to manually delete just the aaroads cookie and then try again.  That just might be the trick to fix it on your PC Zeffy.

noelbotevera

I'm getting some visual weirdness (the drop-down box doesn't fill the Suggestions and Questions box) but this could be on my end. Other than that everything is fine now.

US71

Took 3 tries to log in just now "Please wait 2 seconds before trying again"

rickmastfan67

Quote from: US71 on August 01, 2016, 06:09:44 PM

That's to prevent somebody from bruteforcing access to an account.

US71

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 01, 2016, 10:58:57 PM
Quote from: US71 on August 01, 2016, 06:09:44 PM

That's to prevent somebody from bruteforcing access to an account.
It shouldn't take 3 tries, but I've not had that problem since. Maybe it's Win10

kkt

Thanks for your work maintaining the forum!

JasonOfORoads

Great work on the site as always! :clap:

Bumping this thread. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but every time I use an emoticon, it appears at the very end of the post, not where I put it in the post. :confused: There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why. It doesn't even work when I use the img tag, but other inline images like work as expected. I've been trying to place emoticons throughout this message, but they still all bunch up at the very bottom. :-/

Let me know if it's a bug, or if I just need to do something stupid like change my theme. Thanks! :spin:

All icons should appear here -->
Borderline addicted to roadgeeking since ~1989.

cl94

Quote from: JasonOfORoads on September 11, 2016, 05:49:08 PM

Bumping this thread. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but every time I use an emoticon, it appears at the very end of the post, not where I put it in the post. :confused: There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why. It doesn't even work when I use the img tag, but other inline images like work as expected. I've been trying to place emoticons throughout this message, but they still all bunch up at the very bottom. :-/

Let me know if it's a bug, or if I just need to do something stupid like change my theme. Thanks! :spin:

It's something with you. I'm seeing a bunch of emoticons throughout your post and none at the end.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

LM117

Quote from: cl94 on September 11, 2016, 05:53:37 PM
Quote from: JasonOfORoads on September 11, 2016, 05:49:08 PM

It's something with you. I'm seeing a bunch of emoticons throughout your post and none at the end.

Same here.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

74/171FAN

Quote from: US71 on September 12, 2016, 07:03:26 PM
The last email sent from your IP was less than 75 seconds ago. Please try again later.

I got this message trying to contact a duplicate registration.

I do not think that you meant to post this here.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

US71

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 12, 2016, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: US71 on September 12, 2016, 07:03:26 PM
The last email sent from your IP was less than 75 seconds ago. Please try again later.

I got this message trying to contact a duplicate registration.

I do not think that you meant to post this here.
My bad. Blonde moment. As you were.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.