News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Richmond, VA to Charlotte, NC

Started by WillWeaverRVA, August 05, 2016, 10:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillWeaverRVA

These photos aren't exactly the best since we were pretty much driving into the sun the whole way, but my wife and I drove down to Charlotte, NC a few weeks ago and of course, I took some photos from along I-85, I-40, I-73, I-74, I-77, and I-277.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willshighways/albums/72157672013823055
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

abc2VE

I like your photo that shows the resurfacing of I-85 in NC. I think it's kind of interesting that they did this now, rather then in '06 or so, when NCDOT actually paved over the original concrete for the first time.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: abc2VE on September 04, 2016, 07:25:21 PM
I like your photo that shows the resurfacing of I-85 in NC. I think it's kind of interesting that they did this now, rather then in '06 or so, when NCDOT actually paved over the original concrete for the first time.

Yeah, it is...and it is an absolute mess right now.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

msubulldog

I noticed where the Clearview signs at the 85-95 split don't mention Miami nor Atlanta as control cities.
"But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."
Matt 7:14, NLT

OracleUsr

I also was curious.  When my wife and I were coming back from Williamsburg last August, they were tying up traffic on I-85 approaching Exits 15 and 12A-B.  Weird they upgraded the main panels but not the tabs.

And, yes, I think the Miami/Atlanta thing was a violation of MUTCD specs.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

1995hoo

As of mid-July there was still a Miami sign just south of the I-85 interchange. It was of a size I'd call an LGS.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.