News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Longest Interstate Clinched NON-STOP??

Started by thenetwork, September 18, 2016, 09:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapmikey

I've clinched a few 2dis with the OP criteria: I-12, I-17, I-82, I-86(w), I-97

The longest is I-17 at 146 miles

DandyDan

It depends on whether you consider I-88 in Illinois clinched if you end up taking the I-294 north exit instead of going straight onto I-290.  If not, I believe it is the Iowa/Nebraska I-680, at 43 miles.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

OracleUsr

Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

NWI_Irish96

I-88(IL) 141 miles

Also I-41 (176 miles) but before it was actually called I-41 so I guess that doesn't count.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

SectorZ

395 in MA/CT for me would be the longest, with bonus points for I-190 in MA well over a thousand times with my old Fitchburg to Worcester commute.

pianocello

I was going to say I-24 overnight on a bus (school trip to Florida), but then I remembered we stopped at the welcome centers at the TN/KY border both ways.

It should be I-88 Illinois, but I'm not sure if I've ever gone without stopping in DeKalb. I suppose that makes my longest I-294, then. 54 miles.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

roadman

I've clinched I-476, I-99, I-190 (MA), I-195 (MA/RI), I-290 (MA), and I-295 (MA/RI) in single non-stop trips.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

SP Cook

cappicard

I-470 in Topeka (less than 14 miles long) and in Lee's Summit (16 3/4 miles long). Both are within 67 miles of each other. Probably the closest unrelated 3di's with the same number.

I-670 in Kansas City (less than 2 miles long)

I-635 in Kansas City (12 miles long)

cappicard

I-335 between Topeka and Emporia.  I remember when this stretch of the Kansas Turnpike didn't even have a highway number until '87.

KEVIN_224

If it's completely in one pass, no stops or exiting? No 2-digit interstates for me. I-84 is the only one I've completed, but never all at once since A- I live within 3 miles of it and B- Sturbridge, MA to Dunmore, PA is quite a hike!

If talking 3-digit interstates?

I-278 (NY/NJ)
I-290 (MA)
I-291 (CT and MA)
I-293 (NH)
I-295 (ME)
I-384 (CT)
I-676 (PA/NJ)
I-684 (NY/CT)
I-691 (CT)

Doctor Whom

I-68, shortly after construction was completed.

akotchi

Quote from: cappicard on September 19, 2016, 10:46:49 AM
I-470 in Topeka (less than 14 miles long) and in Lee's Summit (16 3/4 miles long). Both are within 67 miles of each other. Probably the closest unrelated 3di's with the same number.
The I-395 segments (and I-695 segments, for that matter) in Baltimore and Washington are closer together, at 35 miles, give or take.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

hbelkins

I-68 several times.

Also I-99 and the eastern I-88. Can't count I-66 because of the temptation of the Haymarket Sheetz.

Can't remember if my clinch of I-12 was non-stop or not.

I've also done I-97 but it's hardly the longest.

I've clinched a number of 3di's nonstop, including a complete counterclockwise circumnavigation of DC on I-495.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

cappicard

Quote from: akotchi on September 19, 2016, 11:34:27 AM
Quote from: cappicard on September 19, 2016, 10:46:49 AM
The I-395 segments (and I-695 segments, for that matter) in Baltimore and Washington are closer together, at 35 miles, give or take.
I stand corrected. :)

bzakharin

I-195 in NJ for me too, though only Westbound

1995hoo

Either I-4 or the Delaware/New Jersey I-295. I'm not sure about I-4, but I know I've done this on I-295.

I-68 comes close, but the only time I've been all the way to the west end, we made a toilet stop at the West Virginia welcome center and that violates the thread rules.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Thunderbyrd316

Personal Best: December 1998, I-70 from Clifton Exit 37 to Kipling Street Exit 267. Total 230 miles non-stop. In a 1974 Mercury Cougar XR-7.

bassoon1986

I-12 many times going from Louisiana to Florida, and I-49 many times from Shreveport to Lafayette. I would have I-45 but for the stop at Buc-ee's in Madisonville.

kphoger

Quote from: cappicard on September 18, 2016, 09:19:52 PM
I've also drove I-135 from Salina to Wichita once.  That's about 95 miles.

iPhone

Even though I live in Wichita, I've never gone from endpoint to endpoint on I-135. That would require coming down from I-70 and then continuing on the Turnpike towards Oklahoma (or the other way round). I've never had reason to do that.

My longest would have to be I-88 in Illinois, continuing onto the Eisenhower towards Chicago, but that's been a good 17 years now.

I've also one-shot clinched I-35W through Fort Worth eight times, I-35W through Minneapolis once, I-335 in Kansas once or twice, and I-635 around KC countless times. I probably did I-27 in Texas with my dad back in high school a couple of times, but my memory of fuel and meal stops back then is fuzzy.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: Thunderbyrd316 on September 19, 2016, 03:42:19 PM
   Personal Best: December 1998, I-70 from Clifton Exit 37 to Kipling Street Exit 267. Total 230 miles non-stop. In a 1974 Mercury Cougar XR-7.

That's not a clinch.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

wphiii

This is tough for me; I'm a big Stopper. I like to, at the very least, keep my blood flowing every couple of hours. My longest true non-stop clinch is probably I-68.

Edit: though that wouldn't have been the first time I'd clinched the road, so I'm not sure if that's what the OP was going for or not.

jwags

Would I-99 in New York count? Technically it isn't connected to I-99 in PA.

doorknob60

Depends on if I'm the driver or the passenger. If passenger counts, I-82 would be the winner for me (143 mi). If we're talking me as the driver, besides I-82 (which I've driven about 98% of myself but not clinched), I've only really driven on long 2dis. You're not gonna clinch I-84 (W), I-90, or I-5 in one non-stop sitting. I've only been on I-86 (W) as a passenger so that one's out.

So, for me as a driver, that leaves 3dis. I-205 comes to mind, but I've never driven it end-to-end in one sitting, so that's out. I-405 (OR), only time I use that is to access US-26/Sunset Highway, so that's out. So that leaves the measly short ones: I-105 (OR) - 3.5 mi, and what I suppose is the winner, which I also happen to clinch non-stop nearly every day, I-184 (3.6 mi). Yeah, pretty lame winner  :-/ But add up all the times I've clinched it and it's a large number :D.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.