News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Makeshift Traffic Control Devices

Started by Brian556, June 18, 2017, 04:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This topic is for makeshift traffic control devices like this:

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brian556

hbelkins:

Dang that looks primitive, kinda reminds me of the Dukes Of Hazard for some reason

Max Rockatansky

PG&E at their finest on Blackrock Road:

27 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

28 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Brian556

Quote from Max Rockatansky

I'll bet a citizen did that because they felt the warning was needed

Max Rockatansky

^^^

I don't know...considering that there is a company town (Balch Park) to run the Black Rock Reservoir below in the canyon speaks to really how remote the area is.  Usually you might see a handful of PG&E trucks heading up the one-lane road a day.  I could see someone in Balch Park getting upset and maybe spraying that on the rock, but someone would have to travel pretty far out into the boons with spray paint otherwise.

The bridge before it has some more official looking signage but as you can see someone used it for target practice...maybe the rock sign was made to last?  :-D

17 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

US 89

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 19, 2017, 12:31:19 AM
The bridge before it has some more official looking signage but as you can see someone used it for target practice...maybe the rock sign was made to last?  :-D
17 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

There are a lot of signs in rural Utah that look like that. Must be a western thing...

Max Rockatansky

^^^

The blasted with a shotgun look?

US 89

hbelkins

Quote from: Brian556 on June 18, 2017, 10:37:39 PM
hbelkins:

Dang that looks primitive, kinda reminds me of the Dukes Of Hazzard for some reason

^^^
FIFY.

Considering that this was located in Perry County, Ky. (the county seat is Hazard), your comment (typo and all) is Freudian.

Rothman

Heh.  Dukes of Hazzard took place in Georgia.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: Rothman on June 19, 2017, 02:28:30 PM
Heh.  Dukes of Hazzard took place in Georgia.

True, but some people think it has something to do with Hazard, Ky.

SP Cook

I always thought the Dukes took place in a fictional southern state of indetrminate identity.  Did they ever actually say "Georgia" in the show?  Certainly there is no Hazzard among the Peach State's 159 counties.   And the county as depicted is a geographicly impossible mix of eastern Kentucky-esque mountains, middle Tennessee-esque farmland, and south Louisiana-esque swamps. 

IIRC the plates on the cars were just standard Hollywood fake plates with no state listed.

Rothman

Actually, the series was filmed totally in California.

Pretty sure that they mentioned being in Georgia in the series.

Wish it was Kentucky, myself, since my grandparents lived just down the road from Hazard.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

myosh_tino

Quote from: Rothman on June 19, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

Not entirely true.  The first few episodes were filmed in Georgia I think (confirmed via Wikipedia) before production was moved to Hollywood.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

jwolfer

Quote from: myosh_tino on June 21, 2017, 01:21:53 PM

Not entirely true.  The first few episodes were filmed in Georgia I think (confirmed via Wikipedia) before production was moved to Hollywood.
The beginning segment with Daisy stopping the car in a bikini was filmed in Conyers, GA... You can tell its much greener than later shows in California.

I watched some elisodes as an adult. The early shows were a bit more risque. It quickly became a "kids friendly" show.

I remember the first time watching it. My dad read the tv guide and from the namei thought it would be about clumsy royals in England LOL.

I was prepubescent but i still had a crush on Daisy and Bo and Luke!

LGMS428

Rothman

Quote from: myosh_tino on June 21, 2017, 01:21:53 PM

So...the first few out of hundreds... :D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.