Electra TX Using 18-Inch STOP Signs on Streets

Started by Brian556, June 24, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

cjk374

It has been MANY years since I have seen stop signs that small.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Brian556

Quote from cjk374:
QuoteIt has been MANY years since I have seen stop signs that small.

I see 18 inch stop signs all the time on bike trails. That's the only legal use for them.

intelati49

A short necro, but man. I would have blown right past that sign if I didn't know it was there...

txstateends

I can't get over how amazingly cheap and homemade-looking that assembly is..... much less the microscopic stop sign.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Brian556

Quote from texasstateends:
QuoteI can't get over how amazingly cheap and homemade-looking that assembly is..... much less the microscopic stop sign

That's nothing. when I visited Ranger, TX in the late 90's, they had wood street name signs with the letters stenciled on. Totally non-reflective.

lepidopteran

If a standard STOP sign is 30", how large are those oversized STOP signs you sometimes see at a high-volume intersection "where a traffic signal ought to be, but isn't"?  These signs are big enough that they call for 2 support posts, typically with one on each end, though you might rarely see that on (mostly older) standard-sized STOP signs.

Big John

Quote from: lepidopteran on July 14, 2017, 12:38:11 AM
If a standard STOP sign is 30", how large are those oversized STOP signs you sometimes see at a high-volume intersection "where a traffic signal ought to be, but isn't"?  These signs are big enough that they call for 2 support posts, typically with one on each end, though you might rarely see that on (mostly older) standard-sized STOP signs.
36" on multi-lane roads or expressways up to 48".  https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/part2/part2b.htm

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.