News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

O.J. Simpson's former agent will try to sell white Bronco on 'Pawn Stars'

Started by bing101, August 10, 2017, 06:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Quillz

Max Rockatansky

Movies like Falling Down and Speed didn't help the crime ridden perception either during the era.

bing101

jeffandnicole

Quote from: bing101 on August 10, 2017, 06:39:44 PM
Damn thats insane. But at the same time the white Bronco is the reason why people 23 years later think LA Freeways are filled with crimes.

By this point, I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the LA news media's insistence on covering every high speed chase live on TV.

sparker

Back in '94 I had come down to the Bay Area to visit my folks in Napa (I was living in Portland then), and wound up driving them and some family friends from Missouri down to Disneyland (my mom, as a retired Disney employee, had a lifetime park pass good for up to a dozen visitors).   Just so happens the trip down was on June 17 -- the day of the infamous O.J. Bronco chase; we were coming down the Santa Ana (I-5) freeway, but were held up just as we were coming into Buena Park, as the chase came north on that freeway and turned west on CA 91; CHP didn't let anyone through the 5/91 interchange until the Bronco and the police "entourage" had safely passed.  When we finally got to the Disneyland hotel, we watched the remainder of the chase on the TV in the hotel bar!  One of the stranger '90's incidents in a decade rife with them!       

formulanone

Attention Everyone: Stop making us try to give a shit about O. J. Simpson.

We're still finding out things that happened in 1994 to 1995.

cjk374

Quote from: formulanone on August 11, 2017, 07:58:40 PM
Attention Everyone: Stop making us try to give a shit about O. J. Simpson.

We're still finding out things that happened in 1994 to 1995.

AMEN!!! I was NOT one of the 95 million that watched that stupid "chase". I don't care what happens to OJ. My life will go on as scheduled if I never hear his name spoken again.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.