News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Freeway exits you hate the most

Started by golden eagle, September 07, 2009, 08:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZDude

I dont like the US 60/I-10 interchange in Tempe.  Every day I drive along westbound US 60 and need to get onto eastbound I-10.  This is a left exit.  And it sucks not only because its a left exit but that I have to merge over three lanes of traffic and at times it seems that I won't make it.  Plus since most people drive faster than the speed limit it makes more difficult to get onto the left lane.

Oh there is more!  Along side the left lane is the carpool lane.  If you were to stay on the carpool lane, it would lead onto west I-10.  So you have people merging so they can get on east I-10.  The result is a freeway backup.

florida

I-4, I-95 & US 92. Coming east on I-4 to I-95 north, you exit onto a 1/2 mile stretch of exit only for US 92. Coming west on US 92 to I-95 south, you enter I-95 on the left lane and have to cross four lanes to get to the I-4 exit...1/2 a mile down. It seems like a totally shoddy interchange layout for two interstates and a US route separated by pretty much 3/4 to 1 mile.
So many roads...so little time.

papakilz

I-75 North in Mackinaw City--Exit 339.  Your exit is a 90 degree turn to a STOP sign iat M-108--the ramp HAS to be the shortest exit "ramp" in the entire interstate system--I believe I read that somewhere once

realjd

I'm always annoyed at the I-5/I-805 split in San Diego. You can't go north on 5 without changing lanes. Because the 5 is so wide, all traffic has to move left 4 or 5 lanes in a fairly short length of road.

hm insulators

Quote from: AZDude on October 31, 2009, 10:02:32 PM
I dont like the US 60/I-10 interchange in Tempe.  Every day I drive along westbound US 60 and need to get onto eastbound I-10.  This is a left exit.  And it sucks not only because its a left exit but that I have to merge over three lanes of traffic and at times it seems that I won't make it.  Plus since most people drive faster than the speed limit it makes more difficult to get onto the left lane.

Oh there is more!  Along side the left lane is the carpool lane.  If you were to stay on the carpool lane, it would lead onto west I-10.  So you have people merging so they can get on east I-10.  The result is a freeway backup.

Where do you get on the 60, at Mill Avenue? I used that onramp last night, and although I was using the 10 west, that merge is nerve-wracking with the construction! :banghead:
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.