News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfighter

Quick question, could I-10 get extended along FL-202 once it's completed?

florida

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 21, 2009, 08:39:25 PM
I figured you would know where that is located!  :-P

:-D Panhandle <3

Did you find the other one in the opposite direction at a certain intersection?

Quote from: Hellfighter on June 21, 2009, 11:36:36 PM

Not sure if 202 is up to interstate standards, and they might have to reformat the I-95 interchange but it would be a nice extension along with an equally nice interstate duplex.
So many roads...so little time.

rickmastfan67

The only way I could see that happening is if they where to completely redo the JTB (FL-202) interchange with I-95 into something like the Southern I-95/FL-9A/I-295 interchange.  And I don't think there is enought room to do that without buying a lot of ROW.

FLRoads

Quote from: florida on June 22, 2009, 03:39:26 AM

No, I did not. I turned around just west of the sign and headed back north. After getting home I realized I should have continued west to the next intersection to clinch that particular road. Oh well, next time. Now you have me guessing where you are talking about.

Not sure if 202 is up to interstate standards, and they might have to reformat the I-95 interchange but it would be a nice extension along with an equally nice interstate duplex.

It does have interstate grade qualities for the most part and they are currently six-laning a good portion of it from Florida 115 east toward Florida A1A. And there are plans to semi-upgrade the JTB/Interstate 95 interchange: http://www.butler95.com/.

florida

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 23, 2009, 06:26:04 PM

No, I did not. I turned around just west of the sign and headed back north. After getting home I realized I should have continued west to the next intersection to clinch that particular road. Oh well, next time. Now you have me guessing where you are talking about.

It was this:

FLRoads

Yep. I was there, just on the other side!!!! Agh!! I had to make that left turn toward Argyle... :banghead:

Well, I will have to go and look at it in person soon...

florida

At least you're close to it.

FLRoads

True. I will be making another trip so I can get my own picture of it...yeeessss...

Thanks for showing it to us!

mightyace

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

florida

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 25, 2009, 09:29:57 PM
True. I will be making another trip so I can get my own picture of it...yeeessss...

Thanks for showing it to us!

Not a problem at all! :nod:

Tom

Wanted 2 share this attraction I found located on Fla. Hwy 50:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/xmas/2.html :coffee:

florida

Quote from: Tom on June 28, 2009, 10:19:52 AM
Wanted 2 share this attraction I found located on Fla. Hwy 50:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/xmas/2.html :coffee:

Some of the streets are named after Santa's reindeer  :nod:

Tom

florida

Speaking of this, my mother brought over hard-copy photos and there is one she (most likely) took of the new & improved Sunshine Skyway with a part of the old truss next to it before it was torn down.

florida

414 is open all the way to OBT, which is exit 9. There is a nice, tall viaduct you go over and you are able to see downtown Orlando from it while driving eastbound. The whole expressway is 6 lanes, and it's a nice 5 mile drive (if only the area will remain undeveloped). The western end at SR 429 slows to one lane WB, two EB with a 35 MPH speed limit; it ends at CR 437A with a blinker light(!!). There is construction immediately west of that intersection for an overpass. No access yet for NB 429 to EB 414 (you have to exit off CR 437A north to connect), nor is there any access for WB 414 to SB 429 (you have to take CR 437A south to connect). It is exit 31 on SB 429, and the off-ramp has a traffic signal stating "No Turns", so you exit off 429 and you are quickly thrusted onto 414 after passing the light; it's the same if you turn off of CR 437A onto 414, you cannot turn around until the next exit even though there is a signal.

FLRoads

Next time I go down to my parents I will have to look through some old photos because they have a couple of the old Skyway intact. I believe they were taken like a couple of months before the May 9th disaster.

FLRoads

Quote from: florida on June 24, 2009, 04:55:52 AM
Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 23, 2009, 06:26:04 PM

It was this:

Well, I took another road trip today to the east and thought I would share this with you, florida...

The replacement for the raised black lettering on white background Argyle guide sign, along with a typical Walton County county road assembly. Photo taken 07/03/09.

As you can see, another great piece of Florida history gets removed in favor for this...

florida

I smell pictures coming to this thread....

florida

Walton County  :banghead:  :pan: You should see their "Florida State Line" sign at one of the county routes, or the "Church" sign.

florida

Here are some pictures:

FLRoads

On a trip to Mobile back in December 2008 we were about to cross the Florida/Alabama border when we saw an 18-wheeler hauling some of the guide signs for the TOLL 414! We thought it was pretty cool that we got to see them in transit, though it passed us so quickly we neglected to get a photograph... :no:

FLRoads

Next time I talk to the parents I will see if they can find those pics and send them my way... :nod:

FLRoads

Yeah, the signage in Walton County does not inspire....no....

Hopefully the guide sign at the other end (at Florida 81) does not get replaced any time soon. Luckily though we have it photographed several times.

I will have to check out the "Florida State Line" sign on my next trip through there. I cannot recall if I have seen their "church" sign... :confused:

florida

It's quite amusing, it's a picture of a block/triangle house with what looks like a small cross in the roof.  :-D

On a side note, I-95 is 6-laned from SR 519 to SR 528 with work remaining down to CR 509 or further. There is a new overpass (and exit?) at Mile 188...could be a Pineda Causeway extension? At the SR 514 exit, they must've added an extra lane on the SB off-ramp, because there are overhead BGSs recognizing Brevard CR 514 along with SR 514 as opposed to the trailblazers for SR 514 that used to be at the ramp (those are gone). Exit 120 in Port St. Lucie is the Crosstown Parkway, and it's open from I-95 to the east (probably US 1). Seems like it's a limited access parkway with at-grade intersections. Also, one of the BGSs for Exit 129 (SR 70) has a button copy exit tab on it. 

rickmastfan67

Quote from: flaroadgeek on July 04, 2009, 11:50:44 AM
On a trip to Mobile back in December 2008 we were about to cross the Florida/Alabama border when we saw an 18-wheeler hauling some of the guide signs for the TOLL 414! We thought it was pretty cool that we got to see them in transit, though it passed us so quickly we neglected to get a photograph... :no:

I once raced one of the Trolleys for the T here in Pittsburgh on it's way South from Buffalo (at least I think it was coming from there after being built) to Pittsburgh on I-90/I-79. :sombrero:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.