News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Is it possible to get a user blocked?

Started by I-39, November 22, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-39

This user: dzlsabe has been posting things in the Midwest/Great Lakes forum constantly and has been trolling and being very rude and condescending. Can an administrator either block him or deal with him?

hbelkins

That's what the "report post" button is for.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jeffandnicole

Easiest way to deal with it...stop feeding the troll, and just reply to those that want to have meaningful conversations.  Taking a quick glance, it appears everyone enjoys having a debate with him, which in all fairness is much of the point of these discussions.

hbelkins

I'd never read any of his posts, but after seeing this, I looked them up. First thing I had to do was laugh as his insistence that Joliet is "downstate." If Joliet is downstate, then Champaign or Springfield are Kentucky and Cairo is Louisiana.

Then, after reading all his stuff, he strikes me as one of those who just want rural areas to dry up and blow away, as if they don't deserve or need highway projects, and spend 110 percent of available funds on the big city.

hotdogPi

Quote from: hbelkins on November 23, 2015, 01:04:23 PM
I'd never read any of his posts, but after seeing this, I looked them up. First thing I had to do was laugh as his insistence that Joliet is "downstate." If Joliet is downstate, then Champaign or Springfield are Kentucky and Cairo is Egypt.

Is that more accurate?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

noelbotevera

Quote from: 1 on November 23, 2015, 03:47:21 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 23, 2015, 01:04:23 PM
I'd never read any of his posts, but after seeing this, I looked them up. First thing I had to do was laugh as his insistence that Joliet is "downstate." If Joliet is downstate, then Champaign or Springfield are Kentucky and Cairo is somewhere that's not Illinois, or where dzlsabe lives.

Is that more accurate?
No.

US 41

Cairo is way farther south than Louisiana. Louisiana is just across the river on US 54.  :bigass:
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

roadman65

Just hit the ignore button.  Believe me its not worth it to let him get to you.  Trust me I have too far many run ins with idiots far worse than him like the one troll who lives with mommy and has the nerve to correct my grammar and punctuation and obsess about it.

I found that out from another user who did that with this 9 year old space cadet.  He found the ignore button on his personal profile page and he says he does not see his posts anymore.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

US 41

This is starting to remind me of the thread "People Who Shouldn't Be Here And Are".
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

roadman65

I think its got to do with the Edens Spur thread as one user on there seems to be rude and cruel and behaving real badly telling those who do not live in Illinois to not post about Illinois.  I would rather take Ethanman over this guy myself.  At least the 13 year old never got rough with anyone.

Sheryl Crowe

Pete from Boston

The threads that reflect most poorly on the users of any board are threads that go after a particular user.

There are moderators.  There are "report" buttons.  There are "ignore" lists.  Use them.  This just makes everyone involved look bad.

GaryV

Arguing with a troll is like wrestling with a pig.  You both get muddy.  And then you realize the pig enjoys it.

roadman65

Yes, I could not agree with you more on that one.  You argue back and you look bad as the trolls want you to do.  Plus devoting one thread to one user is not wise either.

Plus it makes us road enthusiasts look bad in front of others who do not like roads as well.

Sheryl Crowe

SignGeek101

Quote from: roadman65 on November 23, 2015, 05:28:41 PM
Just hit the ignore button.  Believe me its not worth it to let him get to you.  Trust me I have too far many run ins with idiots far worse than him like the one troll who lives with mommy and has the nerve to correct my grammar and punctuation and obsess about it.

I found that out from another user who did that with this 9 year old space cadet.  He found the ignore button on his personal profile page and he says he does not see his posts anymore.

Is it even possible for a 9 year old to troll to the point he does? I feel like it's someone much older.

Big John

Quote from: SignGeek101 on November 23, 2015, 10:23:59 PM

Is it even possible for a 9 year old to troll to the point he does? I feel like it's someone much older.
Said he was 6 in 1962: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=16405.msg2103126#msg2103126

jakeroot

Quote from: SignGeek101 on November 23, 2015, 10:23:59 PM

I think he's so old that doesn't know how to change his age. Or too stupid. Maybe the "9" was meant to represent his internet age?

Quote from: Big John on November 23, 2015, 10:37:53 PM
Said he was 6 in 1962: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=16405.msg2103126#msg2103126

You'd think a man of his age wouldn't be such a dick.

roadman65

When I was 9 I used to drive my parents nuts with roads and its problems.  Anything is possible, but after you mention it he could be just a wiseguy just saying he is 9.  I did not read all his posts, just the one's he got into the heated argument with geekgedi stood out most. 

All of this happened within a day or two which means one thing for sure it did not take him long to get this far already.

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

Quote from: roadman65 on November 23, 2015, 05:45:52 PMI would rather take Ethanman over this guy myself.

Sign the Hypotenuse as I-366 and post it for 85 MPH!!!!!!!!  :bigass:

noelbotevera

At least I don't act like him. Sure, I may be annoying, I may do a theme, but once I'm told of my mistakes, I quickly stop it. I guess you could call me a different ethanman, or crucify and insult me as much as you want. I just don't care.

Brandon

Quote from: GaryV on November 23, 2015, 05:57:43 PM
Arguing with a troll is like wrestling with a pig.  You both get muddy.  And then you realize the pig enjoys it.

That's why I stopped arguing with the fucker.  Even a slight correction gets you some abuse.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

roadman65

Quote from: GaryV on November 23, 2015, 05:57:43 PM

I learned that one with one specific user here a while ago, however, I would try to argue with him for a long while though, but it only made me just as bad as he was.  Plus its wasted effort to just get yourself heated up anyway.

Sheryl Crowe

dzlsabe

Happy Thanksgiving!

ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

jeffandnicole

froggie

Quote from: freebrickproductions on November 25, 2015, 02:26:10 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 25, 2015, 12:20:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!
Wrong. Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

Technically, at the time he sent that, it was already Thanksgiving on Guam and the other Marianas (U.S. possessions), and for our servicemembers stationed in Japan.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.