News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

dissapearing profile pictures?

Started by noelbotevera, December 23, 2015, 09:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera

Profile pictures are randomly disappearing from where I'm at (on a school computer). kkt's for example has a large red X where the profile picture should be. Does this happen to any of you?

SignGeek101

Sometimes Signatures a lot of the time disappear for me, but only on Mobile. It never happens to me on a computer. I think it's your school computer's issue, not the forum.

briantroutman

I believe that custom avatars are linked from whatever site or image service they're hosted on (as opposed to being hosted directly on the forum servers) so if your school network is blocking the server where the image is hosted, that could be why.

jeffandnicole

At work I can't see pictures from various online storage sites such as Photobucket.  Heck, I can't even see my own pictures!!!

froggie

...which speaks more to a computer or network limitation than it does an AARoads limitation.

I had the same issue on deployment...enough to where I killed all images just so that I could (attempt to) get to the text.  And if anyone inserted a YouTube video into their post, I was DIW.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.