News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Updated Ranking System?

Started by Marf, December 26, 2015, 06:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marf

I read a couple of topics about ranks, but they did not mention starting off as a parking lot and then progressing to a dirt road? Has the system been updated?
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

wolfiefrick

The ranks are as follows:

Dirt Road (2+ posts)
Frontage Road (25+ posts)
Arterial (50+ posts)
County Route (75+ posts)
State Route (100+ posts)
US Highway (500+ posts)
Expressway (1000+ posts)
Turnpike (2000+ posts)
Freeway (3000+ posts)
Interstate (5000+ posts)
Likes the forum way, way too much (10000+ posts)

Marf

You might want to change the message's size back to normal.
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

oscar

Quote from: wolfiefrick on December 26, 2015, 06:19:27 PM
The ranks are as follows:

Dirt Road (2+ posts)
Frontage Road (25+ posts)
Arterial (50+ posts)
County Route (75+ posts)
State Route (100+ posts)
US Highway (500+ posts)
Expressway (1000+ posts)
Turnpike (2000+ posts)
Freeway (3000+ posts)
Interstate (5000+ posts)
Likes the forum way, way too much (10000+ posts)

Here you go, with all font and size codes stripped out. Unless there's a reason to obscure the rankings (in which case most of this thread should be nuked).

Is there a ranking for a user who has made only one post? Would that be "parking lot"? Or is that user just left unranked?
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Zeffy

Quote from: oscar on December 26, 2015, 07:30:34 PM
Is there a ranking for a user who has made only one post? Would that be "parking lot"? Or is that user just left unranked?

They are Parking Lots.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Marf

I was not a parking lot after my first post. Is it just not displayed at 0-1 posts?

PS: I zoomed in. I was just wondering why it was like that.

US 41

I thought at 0-1 posts you were considered a trail. I think a better way to rank users on here would be to rank them based on how many "thank you's" they get, rather than their post count. I think when I first joined the forum you got a certain number of stars. Personally I really don't care how many posts I have. (I did make the 1000th post thread just because I thought it was cool that I got there.)

The way it is now is that someone that only posts very good information or asks very good questions gets a lower rank than someone that posts nonsense on every single topic on the board just to up their rank / post count.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Alps

Quote from: US 41 on December 27, 2015, 11:26:27 AM
I thought at 0-1 posts you were considered a trail. I think a better way to rank users on here would be to rank them based on how many "thank you's" they get, rather than their post count. I think when I first joined the forum you got a certain number of stars. Personally I really don't care how many posts I have. (I did make the 1000th post thread just because I thought it was cool that I got there.)

The way it is now is that someone that only posts very good information or asks very good questions gets a lower rank than someone that posts nonsense on every single topic on the board just to up their rank / post count.
We discussed having a karma system more than once (when I was on the staff). Decided that we didn't want to add the drama of having people rank each other. It would too easily turn into a self-reinforcing popularity contest. Obviously the staff themselves have no time to do this.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.