News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hi from Florida!

Started by Roboplex, June 27, 2016, 10:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roboplex

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking on the site for a while, but haven't gotten around to posting or introducing myself. I hail from Daytona Beach, FL and I'm just an overall road enthusiast. I'm just a teenager, so I don't have any major engineering degrees (yet), but I've adored all types of roads (especially urban highways) since I was young. I'm really looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Roboplex

jwolfer

Welcome.. i live in Middleburg just outside Jacksonville.  I have no engineering degrees, my brother and his wife both are civil engineers. But my brother cant get anywhere without GPS. I am a Chiropractor BTW, got my doctorate in Port Orange

I have already been a fan of all things roads and cars.   When i was little I thought living in a small house by interstate 10 with full view of the road would have been heavenly

freebrickproductions

Welcome from the state northwest of ya!
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Alex

Hello from the other end of Interstate 4! Myself, flaroads and roadman65 often get together in Orlando for mini road meets to check out progress on projects around central Florida. Been meaning to get us up to Daytona Beach to check out progress on work for both I-4 and I-95. Plus I still have portions of U.S. 1 to clinch north and south of the city.

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

jbnati27

Welcome from greater Cincinnati!

Roboplex

Quote from: Alex on June 28, 2016, 07:50:15 AM
Hello from the other end of Interstate 4! Myself, flaroads and roadman65 often get together in Orlando for mini road meets to check out progress on projects around central Florida. Been meaning to get us up to Daytona Beach to check out progress on work for both I-4 and I-95. Plus I still have portions of U.S. 1 to clinch north and south of the city.
I'm actually originally from St. Pete/Tampa myself! But yeah Daytona's got a bunch of new things going on. Not only the I-4/I-95 work, but they also just closed the Memorial Bridge, and are beginning a huge replacement for the bridge. I'm really looking forward to seeing it go up. I'm actually going to be over in Clearwater/St. Pete Beach later this summer, I'll make sure to check out everything you all have going on over there too!

SignGeek101

Welcome from drenched Winnipeg!

I started getting into signs and roads when I was 15 (from looking at I-19 signs crazily enough), but only joined when I was 17, so in a way, I'm similar to you.

pumpkineater2

Welcome from HOT HOT HOT Phoenix! :crazy:
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

Alex

Quote from: Roboplex on June 28, 2016, 01:02:34 PM
I'm actually originally from St. Pete/Tampa myself! But yeah Daytona's got a bunch of new things going on. Not only the I-4/I-95 work, but they also just closed the Memorial Bridge, and are beginning a huge replacement for the bridge. I'm really looking forward to seeing it go up. I'm actually going to be over in Clearwater/St. Pete Beach later this summer, I'll make sure to check out everything you all have going on over there too!

Is the I-4/U.S. 92 connector finally complete yet?

Here's a quick rundown of the major construction on this side of the peninsula:

All of I-275 is on in its final configuration west of the Downtown Interchange (until the TBX work happens) .
The I-75 widening is done in both Hillsborough and Pasco Counties.
Florida 688 is a mess west of Feather Sound due to the Gateway Express work.
Florida 694/U.S. 92 is still under construction for the Gandy Boulevard overpass project.
The Veterans Expressway is still completely torn up for widening.

Roboplex

Quote from: Alex on June 28, 2016, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: Roboplex on June 28, 2016, 01:02:34 PM

Is the I-4/U.S. 92 connector finally complete yet?

Here's a quick rundown of the major construction on this side of the peninsula:

All of I-275 is on in its final configuration west of the Downtown Interchange (until the TBX work happens) .
The I-75 widening is done in both Hillsborough and Pasco Counties.
Florida 688 is a mess west of Feather Sound due to the Gateway Express work.
Florida 694/U.S. 92 is still under construction for the Gandy Boulevard overpass project.
The Veterans Expressway is still completely torn up for widening.
Yes I believe it is. Not the one on I-95, but they finished the one (exit 129) including a rebuilt exit on the right hand side of I-4, and a new overpass running to US-92. There is pretty much non stop construction from the beginning of Volusia County on the east side of the St. Johns river all the way until I-4 ends, and I think that's just a big road widening project (might be part of I-4 Ultimate, not sure). There's still tons of work going on with the new I-4/I-95/US-92 interchange, and I think that's going on until 2018. The whole area around the I-95 US-92 exit (extending at least a few miles in each direction) is just non stop construction.

Edit: Yes I can confirm the I-4/US-92 connector is mostly finished (went to Orlando yesterday). The new overpass/exit is open and usable, but there's still construction going on. Maybe they're just demolishing the old route, I'm not sure, but the new connector is open.

noelbotevera

Late to the party, but welcome from Pennsylvania!
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

roadman65

Welcome from Florida as well.  I live in Orange County.  Glad to have another Floridian here.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

7/8

I'll say welcome too, even though you joined only 3 days after me ;-)

Your current avatar (I-4 and I-95) happens to be the only two 2di's I've been on in Florida :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.