News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Renaming Greater New York Roads

Started by dgolub, July 27, 2016, 09:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

As my site has grown, its reach has expanded beyond the New York metropolitan area to include surrounding states such as Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware, Maryland, and coming soon Virginia and West Virginia. A case can be made at this point that it has outgrown its name, Greater New York Roads, and should be renamed to reflect the region covered. Feedback I've received from fans over the last few months indicates that many people feel that a rename is in order. Going forward, while the focus of the site will remain the tristate area of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, I do hope that the opportunity will arise to add additional states such as Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Ohio, and North Carolina. I might even add some coverage of more distant regions of the United States and even Canada. Therefore, I'm soliciting input from the community. Should Greater New York Roads be renamed and, if so, what should it be called? As Ted Cruz would say, vote your conscience!

Cast your vote on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/northeastroads/permalink/1070241623063957/ or comment below.

Alps

amroad17

I humbly suggest three...

1. New York Roads and Beyond
     2. East Coast Highways
     3. Eastern USA Roads/Highways
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Alex

Well northeastroads.com is yours if you still want it. Would save you from registering a new domain. I kind of like the eastcoastroads.com concept. As you may know, we used to have westcoastroads.com, but the site outgrew its scope easily with Nevada added. You might run into the same issue with Ohio being included on eastcoastroads. As for greater northeastroads, I associate greater with metropolitan areas more than regions.

dgolub

Quote from: Alex on July 28, 2016, 08:07:01 AM
Well northeastroads.com is yours if you still want it. Would save you from registering a new domain. I kind of like the eastcoastroads.com concept. As you may know, we used to have westcoastroads.com, but the site outgrew its scope easily with Nevada added. You might run into the same issue with Ohio being included on eastcoastroads. As for greater northeastroads, I associate greater with metropolitan areas more than regions.

Yeah, I definitely hear you about cities vs. regions, although the "greater" could reflect that including West Virginia is using a fairly expansive definition of northeast, and the same could be said if I were to add Ohio or North Carolina at a later date.  It's also what's winning the Facebook poll right now by a long shot.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.