News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Dunkin Donuts: They Win You Win

Started by jeffandnicole, September 11, 2016, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

So...how many of you live in an area where Dunkin Donuts runs a promotion if a specific team wins, you get a free coffee the next day?

Here in the Philly area, it's "Eagles Win, You Win". Monday mornings after an Eagles Win (such as this Sunday), there's going to be a very considerable uptick in traffic near a DD.

Hoping for many more Mondays (and the occasional Tuesday) where I can get my coffee (cream and pumpkin flavored) for free!

jwolfer

Papa John's has a deal on pizza the Monday after a Jacksonville team wins... The Jaguars, the AAA baseball Suns, Armada FC, soccer.. I don't think local Dunkin donuts do that promo

epzik8

I think they do that with the Ravens here. I wonder if they would let me, a Redskins fan in Ravens Country, join the fun.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Alps

Dunkin Donuts: We sponsor every local team, especially your rivals! Also we have no natural ingredients.

spooky

In prior years Dunkin' gave you a free coffee the day after a Patriots win. This year the promotion is tied to their spokesmanchild Rob Gronkowski, coffee is 87 cents (corresponding to Gronk's number) the day after a Pats win.

SP Cook

Papa John's "districting" relative to sports loyalities leaves a lot to be desired.  I have seen complaints about stupid, often state line based, ideas of who the "local" teams are on sports boards a lot.  They have my area dead wrong. 

spooky

Quote from: Alps on September 11, 2016, 10:28:00 PM
Dunkin Donuts: We sponsor every local team, especially your rivals! Also we have no natural ingredients.

I was so disappointed the first time I went in a Dunkin' in the tri-state area (I think it was NJ) and saw them sponsoring the Yankees.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: epzik8 on September 11, 2016, 09:22:56 PM
I think they do that with the Ravens here. I wonder if they would let me, a Redskins fan in Ravens Country, join the fun.

Absolutely!  I see quite a number of Eagles haters talking crap about the Eagles...but they'll stand there proud with their free coffee!!  You just have to have their app...and money on their app...in order to redeem the free coffee.  Last year, you just needed the app; you didn't have to have a card registered to the app.

Papa John's also has a 50% off regular price pizzas after an Eagles (and Phillies) win.

McDonalds had a great promo going...free McDouble after any local team win.  No purchase necessary.  They finally discontinued that.  Because the Eagles got a sack yesterday, they are offering a free Big Mac with any purchase (excluding the value & McPick2 menu items).  Yeah, yeah, I know...some of you won't touch McDonalds no matter what.  :meh:  Again, you need the app to redeem.

They're at least the offers I'm aware of.  I'm sure there are others.

jp the roadgeek

Apparently, Friendly's has a free sundae when the Patriots win.  Dunkins in Fairfield County and the NYC area had Eli instead of Gronk promoting Dunkin; not sure if there was some promotional deal tied to the Giants.  The change in the Dunkin deal for New Englanders is a result of the Pats being too good.  Dunkin even has UConn cups in CT.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

The Nature Boy

Quote from: spooky on September 12, 2016, 08:49:45 AM

I was so disappointed the first time I went in a Dunkin' in the tri-state area (I think it was NJ) and saw them sponsoring the Yankees.

Add me to this list. I thought that Dunkin's roots in New England made their relationships with the Sox, Pats, and Bruins something special.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: The Nature Boy on September 16, 2016, 10:03:18 AM

Add me to this list. I thought that Dunkin's roots in New England made their relationships with the Sox, Pats, and Bruins something special.

North Jersey is the Yankees.  From Mercer County (Trenton) on south, they take care of the Philly teams.

At least they get it.  Shoprite (regional supermarket) on the other hand can't seem to understanding why towns...and the people living in those towns just outside of Philly would care about the Yankees.  They constantly stock Yankees stuff down here...stuff which just sits there.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: jeffandnicole on September 16, 2016, 10:41:44 AM
Quote from: The Nature Boy on September 16, 2016, 10:03:18 AM

North Jersey is the Yankees.  From Mercer County (Trenton) on south, they take care of the Philly teams.

At least they get it.  Shoprite (regional supermarket) on the other hand can't seem to understanding why towns...and the people living in those towns just outside of Philly would care about the Yankees.  They constantly stock Yankees stuff down here...stuff which just sits there.

Shoprite in CT even stocks Phillies Franks and Turkey Hill Phillies ice cream (I know a couple Eagles fans around here, but no Phillies).

What drives me crazy is the Walmart in my town, which is in Hartford County, CT, stocks everything Yankees when it comes to clothing and back to school supplies, but not a smidgeon of Red Sox items.  Yet go to the store one town away, and one even closer to NYC, and they have Red Sox stuff.   I even found a pair of Buffalo Bills flip flops in the shoe department (I know maybe 2 or 3 Bills fans in my area, one of whom grew up in Western New York), and tons of Giants stuff (understandable), but no Patriots items.  Maybe our Walmart thinks that we're part of the Albany, NY market.  At least the Target in my town is 50/50 when it comes to Red Sox/Yankees and Patriots/Giants.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

roadman

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on September 12, 2016, 11:09:34 AM
Apparently, Friendly's has a free sundae when the Patriots win.

The only problem with that deal is finding an actual restaurant where you can take advantage of the deal.  And then the inevitable 1,200 hour wait to get seated when you do.

"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

jp the roadgeek

Although I live in Central CT where the offer is 87 cents for a medium when the Pats win, I just got an ad in my Facebook feed for a $1 medium coffee when the Giants win.  Of course I'd have to drive to Fairfield County to get it.  So there's your NY offer.

jakeroot

Red Robin gives out free Tavern Double burgers when the Seahawks win score within the red zone? I can't fucking remember (not that I give a shit -- Miami all the way, baby).

Is Dunkin' Donuts popular back east? There aren't any here in the Seattle area (that I know of at least).

hotdogPi

Quote from: jakeroot on October 25, 2016, 01:44:56 AM

Is Dunkin' Donuts popular back east? There aren't any here in the Seattle area (that I know of at least).

In Greater Boston, the average person is more likely to be within 1 mile of a Dunkin' Donuts than not.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

roadman

Quote from: 1 on October 25, 2016, 07:52:51 AM

In Greater Boston, the average person is more likely to be within 1 mile of a Dunkin' Donuts than not.
1 mile?  More like 1/4 mile, if that.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: roadman on October 25, 2016, 09:59:50 AM
Quote from: 1 on October 25, 2016, 07:52:51 AM

1 mile?  More like 1/4 mile, if that.

I'm in a town of just over 40,000, and we have 8 of them.  That's probably about the saturation of Starbucks in the Seattle area.

hbelkins

Outback Steakhouse gives away a free Bloomin' Onion on Monday anytime Kevin Harvick finishes above a certain position in a NASCAR race.

Quote from: SP Cook on September 12, 2016, 08:45:10 AM
Papa John's "districting" relative to sports loyalities leaves a lot to be desired.  I have seen complaints about stupid, often state line based, ideas of who the "local" teams are on sports boards a lot.  They have my area dead wrong.

Papa John's, being based in Louisville, is heavily invested in both UK and Louisville's sports teams. Recently, though, I spent the night in Corydon, Ind., which is about 20 miles west of Louisville. The local store had a big Louisville Cardinals poster and promo in the window. I'm guessing, though, that Corydon is firmly in Indiana Hoosiers territory.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Red Robin gives out free Tavern Double burgers when the Seahawks win score within the red zone? I can't fucking remember (not that I give a shit -- Miami all the way, baby).

Beginning with the first regular season game on Sept. 13, every Tuesday after the Seahawks score a red zone touchdown, a Tavern Double Tuesday promotion is triggered and Red Robin guests can tackle their hunger with a FREE* Red's Tavern Double Burger™ and Bottomless Steak Fries® with the purchase of any burger, entree or salad and $5 appetizer.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.