News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TN 58 in Chattanooga

Started by freebrickproductions, September 24, 2023, 12:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebrickproductions

Apologies if this has been posted about before, but I didn't see anything about this when doing a quick search just now...

Has the routing of TN 58 through Chattanooga been redone, or does it just run unsigned along the bank of the Tennessee River? I'd noticed that it's signed as continuing straight ahead here where it meets TN 153 & TN 17, while here it has quite clearly been patched over. Nor does it appear at the interchange of TN 153 and Amnicola Highway, though all of these things I've noted appear to have been in place since at least 2007, when street view first came through.
Was TN 58 rerouted away from the riverfront, or are these just errors, not helped by TN 58's unsigned nature along the downtown/riverfront portion?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Mapmikey

freebrickproductions

So, if I'm understanding right, TN 58 no longer exists between US 64/US 11 and TN 153? Good to know.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

74/171FAN

Should mapcat be making edits to TN 58 in Travel Mapping then?
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Brian556

The former section of SR 58 from SR 319 (Dupont Pkwy) east to SR 153 was kept on the state highway system, and was made part of SR 319.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.