News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Burger King to buy Popeye's

Started by golden eagle, February 21, 2017, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: kphoger on February 28, 2017, 01:06:34 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 27, 2017, 10:58:19 PM
I remember reading a story about the Veggie Whopper. BK rarely sells them, but they have them to be "veto-proof". If mom is looking for a place to take the kids and someone is a vegetarian, she can satisfy the burger and chicken eaters while the vegetarian family member still has an option.

Sounds more like BK offering a vegetarian option so they can include it in their shareholders' corporate responsibility report.

BK also has a more formal veggie burger option to in addition to the Veggie Whopper, which is just the same Morningstar Farms shit you can get out of your grocer's freezer. The veggie burger patty is just nuked whenever someone orders one.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

epzik8

I can't imagine that this will be too drastic in terms of how Popeyes' menu items might be altered.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

jwolfer

Quote from: kphoger on February 27, 2017, 09:19:09 PM
Quote from: oscar on February 27, 2017, 05:33:27 PM
Quote from: Brandon on February 27, 2017, 05:07:24 PM
Quote from: kphoger on February 27, 2017, 05:00:14 PM
Quote from: Rothman on February 25, 2017, 09:22:01 AM
How can you have a Timmies without donuts?

Better yet...   How can you have any restaurant anywhere without coffee?

Easily.  Coffee takes like crap to some of us.  I can do without twigs and leaves..er..tea of any sort.

As a Diet Pepsi addict -- even for breakfast -- I can do without it too, but obviously that's a minority preference. Certainly I feel like an outlier when I go to a Tim's and don't order coffee.

I don't drink coffee either.  Or, more precisely, I drink coffee maybe five times a year, and I make sure there's enough other stuff in it that it's more a hot coffee-flavored beverage than actual coffee.

But so many people live on coffee, I can't imagine running a restaurant without offering it on the menu.  There have be a lot of people that would simply never return because they can't get coffee.
Coffee has a big profit margin too. Many people stop at convenience stores on the way to work. You will notice a lot of breakfast/ coffee places on the right side ( i would assume on the left in counties like Australia) of the road on major commuting routes

LGMS428

sparker

Quote from: jwolfer on March 03, 2017, 03:35:52 PM
Coffee has a big profit margin too. Many people stop at convenience stores on the way to work. You will notice a lot of breakfast/ coffee places on the right side ( i would assume on the left in counties like Australia) of the road on major commuting routes

LGMS428

Not just coffee -- but practically every beverage, particularly when dispensed at fountains.  IIRC, a while back it was published that coffee has about a 80-85 point profit margin, while fountain soft drinks are in the low to mid 90's!  Convenience stores maintain a similar profit level on canned or bottled beverages as well.  It's somewhat lower for alcohol -- but much of that is due to taxation at all levels. 

jwolfer

Quote from: sparker on March 03, 2017, 08:12:46 PM
Quote from: jwolfer on March 03, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

LGMS428

Not just coffee -- but practically every beverage, particularly when dispensed at fountains.  IIRC, a while back it was published that coffee has about a 80-85 point profit margin, while fountain soft drinks are in the low to mid 90's!  Convenience stores maintain a similar profit level on canned or bottled beverages as well.  It's somewhat lower for alcohol -- but much of that is due to taxation at all levels.
The biggest cost is the cup

LGMS428

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.