News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Button-Copy Masthead of this Web Site

Started by CtrlAltDel, March 22, 2017, 10:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

Here's something that's been bothering me for some time. See this picture of the masthead of this very web page:

Why are some of the buttons of the U of "Forum" missing? Are they the remnants of buttons that have fallen off? Is it an inside joke that I don't know about? Is it just a mistake? I have no idea, and I have to admit I'd very much like to know what's going on there.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

froggie

Doesn't bother me, because I don't use the button-copy format.

formulanone

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on March 22, 2017, 10:30:57 PM
Why are some of the buttons of the U of "Forum" missing? Are they the remnants of buttons that have fallen off?

I always thought the webmaster did it as a bit of a joke; it's not uncommon to see button copy with a few missing reflectors. There's a certain charm to it...not everything is perfect, wear and tear is normal.

Here's examples from California, Ohio, and Texas:

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: formulanone on March 23, 2017, 11:23:28 AM
Why are some of the buttons of the U of "Forum" missing? Are they the remnants of buttons that have fallen off?

I always thought the webmaster did it as a bit of a joke; it's not uncommon to see button copy with a few missing reflectors. There's a certain charm to it...not everything is perfect, wear and tear is normal.

Fair enough. Thanks.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Scott5114

Here's something that's been bothering me for some time. See this picture of the masthead of this very web page:

As the person who created it, yes, that is exactly what was intended. (The buttons are actually attached from the inside and fitted into circular holes in the metal letters. When the buttons fall out, you have a similar swiss-cheese effect.)

Another silly detail I put in there: whatever theoretical construction worker applied the "See the road before you go" greenout tore it a bit during installation, and they didn't manage to get it quite level with the rest of the text.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.