News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Most talked and least talked about states.

Started by Plutonic Panda, May 17, 2017, 07:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

Connecticut seems oddly more talked about than most other states it's size. Maybe it's history?
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

froggie

Probably has more to do with Connecticut being the current or former home of several forum regulars.

MNHighwayMan

Seeing as how I fall into the top 300, I'm curious to know whether I was counted for Minnesota or Iowa. I currently live in Iowa, and post a lot of pictures of Iowa highways, but that's about it. I hardly know anything about Iowa compared to Minnesota, where I've lived most of my life and know a hell of a lot more about its highways.

Rothman

Connecticut also has some crazy history with its transportation system.  Interstate re-numbering, interstates being halted or re-routed, bridges to nowhere, bridges falling down, toll roads now not toll, etc., etc.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

paulthemapguy

I NEVER see any content from Idaho posted.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 18, 2017, 11:07:54 AM

I've posted a couple about I-90/Old US 10 in Idado, mostly stuff with Wallace.  I want to say I even linked over one of my photos to the Road Signs in Movies thread.  I wouldn't say it's common but it probably will be starting next year since I had family move to Boise.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: JJBers on May 26, 2017, 12:12:27 AM
Connecticut seems oddly more talked about than most other states it's size. Maybe it's history?

Every east coast state (with the exception of Rhode Island) is overrepresented. Largest population on this coast and a lot of travel up and down the coast explain it.

Alex

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 18, 2017, 11:07:54 AM

There were some posts related to where I-184 officially ends in Boise. Led us to update the page for Interstate 184 on iguide even.

hbelkins

Quote from: The Nature Boy on July 18, 2017, 12:26:03 PM
Quote from: JJBers on May 26, 2017, 12:12:27 AM

Every east coast state (with the exception of Rhode Island) is overrepresented. Largest population on this coast and a lot of travel up and down the coast explain it.

It's called the East Coast Hive Mind and Carl Rogers is the leading expert on this phenomenon.  :-D :bigass: :-D :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Connecticut and New Jersey seem to be over-represented even among northeastern states.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

Not only do a lot of people live in those states, but they're easy to drive thru from one state to another. 

Pennsylvania gets talked about a lot.  Although 40% of the posts are related to Breezewood in some fashion!  :-D

The Nature Boy

Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 18, 2017, 03:21:06 PM
Not only do a lot of people live in those states, but they're easy to drive thru from one state to another. 

Pennsylvania gets talked about a lot.  Although 40% of the posts are related to Breezewood in some fashion!  :-D

Hell, I've posted about New Jersey and Connecticut here and I've never lived in either state.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.