News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Longest time spent without leaving your house?

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 30, 2017, 08:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke87

I make a point of going outside at least once every day, even if I don't otherwise have a reason to, purely for the sake of staying healthy (both mentally and physically). Need fresh air and direct exposure to sunlight.

I don't remember when I last broke this rule. There may have been some random Sunday in the 2010-2013 timeframe that I stayed inside, but I can't definitively say.

I do know there was definitely a day in March(?) of 2009 where I did not go outside and barely even got out of bed... but that was because I was sick with some sort of stomach virus.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Duke87 on July 03, 2017, 07:08:42 PM
I make a point of going outside at least once every day, even if I don't otherwise have a reason to, purely for the sake of staying healthy (both mentally and physically). Need fresh air and direct exposure to sunlight.

I don't remember when I last broke this rule. There may have been some random Sunday in the 2010-2013 timeframe that I stayed inside, but I can't definitively say.

I do know there was definitely a day in March(?) of 2009 where I did not go outside and barely even got out of bed... but that was because I was sick with some sort of stomach virus.
open a window.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hbelkins

Are we talking about leaving your home (the property where you live) or actually going outside?

My recent illness saw me go for some decent periods without leaving my property. I know I went outside some during that time but I went several days without going anywhere.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Duke87

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 03, 2017, 08:46:57 PM
open a window.

Or actually go outside and walk around, which besides being a more enjoyable and refreshing experience also gets you exercise. Seriously. Being a hermit is neither good for you nor something to brag about.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

DandyDan

I remember being stuck at home with chicken pox for a week as a kid. In my adult life, the longest was 2 days, which was right after I got out of the hospital after being stuck in it for a month. Since I moved into my present apartment, I pretty much always go somewhere shortly after I wake up, if only to go to the local coffee shop down the street.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

slorydn1

During the racing season it had become quite normal for me to not leave my property from the time I got home from work around 1830 Thursday night until I left to go to work 1730 Monday night. Still, I would have gone outside the house several times in that time frame, though.

Then DVR's really became a thing. That coupled with my hatred of commercials has me watching almost everything except the Sunday afternoon Cup race on a delay. I still watch the Cup race live because I also use Raceview on my computer with the scanner traffic or I wouldn't even bother watching that live either.

So I get out alot more now, and we usually road trip that Saturday off between coming off of days and rotating to nights.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Duke87 on July 04, 2017, 12:22:13 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 03, 2017, 08:46:57 PM
open a window.

Or actually go outside and walk around, which besides being a more enjoyable and refreshing experience also gets you exercise. Seriously. Being a hermit is neither good for you nor something to brag about.
I just got back from Acadia, so I did get exsircise.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.