News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Ground Broken on US 202 Improvement Project

Started by PAHighways, April 21, 2011, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

PennDOT Secretary Barry J. Schoch joined federal, state and local officials today to break ground on an improvement project to widen more than six miles of US 202.  The expressway will be widened to three lanes in each direction from just south of the Swedesford Road interchange to the US 30 interchange in Chester County.

PennDOT Secretary Joins Chester County Officials to Break Ground for Route 202 Expansion

Mergingtraffic

How long has this project been on the books for?

Looks like PENNDOT previously widened the bridges as well.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

PAHighways

Plans to upgrade this section have been discussed since at least the late 90s.

74/171FAN

US 202 should have 6 lanes opened out to US 30 by the end of next week.  I got to see this project quite a bit going to/from King of Prussia in December and January, and I hope to drive through there in the next few weeks.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.