News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Male users - do you wear pink?

Started by Pink Jazz, August 16, 2014, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wear pink?

Yes
14 (41.2%)
No
20 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, for the male users here, do you wear pink?

I personally wear pink virtually all the time.  Pink reminds me of some nice smooth jazz, and real men wear pink.

Zeffy

I wear purple, but purple has been my favorite color since I was a little boy. However, I have learned over the years that purple is more synonymous with homosexuality compared to pink...  :confused:  No idea where that ideology came from, but it's stupid. Pink, purple, magenta, who cares? It's a color. 
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

golden eagle

ET21

Pink isn't my color. Can only pull off purple and most reds
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

hbelkins

Back when I wore a lot of button-down collar oxford cloth shirts, I had a couple of pink ones in my wardrobe. I personally don't have a problem with wearing it.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

I have a couple of pink business shirts and I always get compliments on them. They're a darker shade of pink than many women wear, yet for obvious reasons they're not the hot pink color associated with beach volleyball and the like.

(Edited to fix a typo)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

I crew in the Komen 3 Day Walk.  My wife walks all 60 miles.  We'll be doing our 5th year of this together next month.

And this is tame compared to what other guys do!

Doctor Whom

I have a few pink dress shirts. So do some of the other men where I work, including a senior partner. As for orange, no, just no.

skluth

I have a dress shirt with small pink checks from Costco. It looks great with my Ralph Marlin railroad tie which has a red background. I also have a pink Green Bay Packers hat to support breast cancer awareness. Don't like pink? Don't wear it.

freebrickproductions

BTW, pink and red were "masculine colors" before the holocaust, with blue being "feminine". However, Hitler had all of the gay people wear pink triangles which caused the swap after the war.

Also, I don't wear pink. I like blue much better. :nod:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

formulanone

Personally, I don't think I look good in red or pink; I'm really fair-skinned, so it kind of makes me look like a sack of raw meat. But I don't protest if others like it, to be honest; some guys can pull it off, fashion-wise...if you like it, more power to you.

Alex

A reminder, the forum guidelines state what is not allowed:

QuotePosting topics and debates related to religion. These kind of topics almost always start a heated debate.

Arkansastravelguy

I've worn punk buttons but I don't wear pink. I like the color tho

bugo

To get back on topic, I have no problem wearing pink, but it doesn't look good on me.  Most of my shirts are red or blue/green.

Alps

Quote from: Zeffy on August 16, 2014, 01:54:23 PMPink, purple, magenta, who cares? It's a color. 
In the spirit of the above statement, all talk about religion and sexuality has been purged. Let's stick to the question at hand, and remember that this is a ROADS forum first and foremost.

I still do not have any pink shirts, though I got my first orange one a few weeks ago. I also got my second purple one around the same time.

bugo

I do have a few purple shirts.  I think the reason that pink doesn't look right on me is because I'm fairly dark, especially when I've been outside a lot.

adventurernumber1

I own zero shirts that are purple and pink. But recently going school shopping I actually got my first orange shirt. I don't look too bad in it. The colors I probably wear the most are red, white, brown, yellow, and then all the other colors for the most part.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

exit322

I don't generally wear "bright" colors, because they just don't look good on my pasty white skin, but I do have three polos of various shades of purple.

US81

I have a pink tie, and a pink pocket square, both about the color of strawberry ice cream.  I usually get compliments on them, so on those rare occasions when I wear a suit, I usually reach for them. (At my age, it's nice to get any sort of compliment.) I also have a pastel purple oxford that I like to wear from time to time.

I'm not especially fond of pink as a color, and I have to admit to having been deeply brain-washed as a child that pink was a girl's color. To a lesser extent, so was purple, but I have several purple shirts. Purple and blue are my favorite colors.

I have exactly one orange shirt, UT "burnt orange" and I wear it from time to time, but I sure don't look good in it.

hbelkins

I tend to avoid orange (Tennessee) and red (Louisville), although I do own or have owned shirts of those colors. I've worn purple before and like it.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Molandfreak

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Duke87

Hell no. A man in a pink shirt stands out and grabs attention. That is exactly the opposite of what I want. My clothes should be plain and ordinary so that people passing by will ignore me and not bother me.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

english si

Quote from: Alps on August 16, 2014, 10:11:00 PMIn the spirit of the above statement, all talk about religion and sexuality has been purged. Let's stick to the question at hand, and remember that this is a ROADS forum first and foremost.
And my whole post that had more than those topics was purged? Right let's reiterate it...

Pink as a man's colour was lost about 90 years ago - Hitler's pink triangles may have killed it off, but I highly doubt that would have had an effect outside the German empire. In Britain it was women wearing it having been 'liberated' by all the men going off to fight in WW1 - they 'stole' the colour and then men didn't want it back, instead stealing blue off the ladies. The whole process took less than 10 years after the German invasion of Belgium on August 4 1914. I guess the US might have held on in WW2, as, after all, they were so late to join up in WW1, that there wasn't the time for them to conscript and send over nearly all their men before the Kaiser was defeated.

bugo

Quote from: US81 on August 16, 2014, 11:12:09 PM
I have exactly one orange shirt, UT "burnt orange" and I wear it from time to time, but I sure don't look good in it.

Nobody would look good in a Texas shirt.

bugo

Quote from: hbelkins on August 16, 2014, 11:31:04 PM
I tend to avoid orange (Tennessee) and red (Louisville), although I do own or have owned shirts of those colors. I've worn purple before and like it.

I usually don't refuse to wear a shirt because it features the colors of a team I hate except for burnt orange. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.