On the subject of national restaurant chains and their building designs...

Started by Crazy Volvo Guy, September 11, 2014, 11:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Volvo Guy

Found this gem in Lawrenceburg, IN, while running a load to the Lowe's DC in North Vernon.

I suspect it is probably the last one like that which is actually still open and operating.

Indiana is starting to grow on me for stuff like this.  So many time capsules in that state, it's not even funny.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

Roadrunner75

This one in NJ looks like a slight remodel of the windows/façade below the red roof:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.962821,-74.18267&spn=0.000008,0.005225&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=39.962845,-74.183505&panoid=3p52QKdjOMiI39mx3F45Ew&cbp=12,179.01,,0,1.96
...and of course the sign has been updated.  Haven't seen the sign like the Indiana one in quite awhile.

hbelkins

There are a number of Pizza Huts like that in eastern Kentucky. The style of the sign has changed, but the building design is the same.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

DaBigE

West Bend, WI still has one that looks like that, sans the Pizza Hut letters on the roof.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

formulanone

Quote from: Crazy Volvo Guy on September 11, 2014, 11:33:08 AM
Found this gem in Lawrenceburg, IN, while running a load to the Lowe's DC in North Vernon.

I suspect it is probably the last one like that which is actually still open and operating.

Starke, Florida had a Pizza Hut with the same building and signage...somewhere on US 301 north of Call Street.

1995hoo

I've seen a good number of Pizza Huts that retain the overall building style, aside from the size of the letters on the roof.

Then you have this one on Braddock Road in Northern Virginia at the Twinbrook Shopping Center. Same design, but the roof isn't red:
http://goo.gl/maps/zLQ2H
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: hbelkins on September 11, 2014, 02:15:49 PM
There are a number of Pizza Huts like that in eastern Kentucky. The style of the sign has changed, but the building design is the same.

We have 'em in Maryland too.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.