News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings from Sweden!

Started by riiga, September 30, 2014, 12:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

Hi everyone!

Another international roadgeek here, from the cold land of Volvos and Vikings. Of particular interest to me is road signage, but I also enjoy discussing other stuff.

Well met! :)

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

adventurernumber1

Greetings from the south (Georgia, USA)! It's a pleasure to meet you, and I hope you enjoy the forum!
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US71

Quote from: riiga on September 30, 2014, 12:16:55 PM
Hi everyone!

Another international roadgeek here, from the cold land of Volvos and Vikings. Of particular interest to me is road signage, but I also enjoy discussing other stuff.

Well met! :)
My mom owned a Volvo when I was growing up. Built like a tank! ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alex

hotdogPi

Welcome!

I know this is a road forum, but I collect coins, and I am interested in how other currencies work.

The coins I have from Sweden that I have are:

5 öre, 1898
5 öre, 1953
1 krona, 1978
1 krona, 2003

(I have no bills from Sweden.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alps

Quote from: 1 on September 30, 2014, 04:03:37 PM
Welcome!

I know this is a road forum, but I collect coins, and I am interested in how other currencies work.

The coins I have from Sweden that I have are:

5 öre, 1898
5 öre, 1953
1 krona, 1978
1 krona, 2003

(I have no bills from Sweden.)
I am also a coin collector, but all I have from Sweden is 1 öre, 1967. Spare a krona?

kj3400

Finally made it over here, eh? ;) (assuming you're the riiga I know from ST)
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

riiga

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Quote from: 1 on September 30, 2014, 04:03:37 PM
5 öre, 1898
5 öre, 1953
1 krona, 1978
1 krona, 2003
The 5 öre coin from 1898 might be worth a bit. Not sure about the 5 öre from 1953. The 1 krona coins are worth about 1 krona, seeing how both are still in use. In a few years though, we'll be replacing them with new completely new coins, so they'll probably increase in value then. If you're interested you can read more about the new coins here.

Quote from: kj3400 on September 30, 2014, 06:35:58 PM
Finally made it over here, eh? ;) (assuming you're the riiga I know from ST)
Yup.  ;-)

US81

Valkommen! 

(I don't know how to get the "a" right, sorry!)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.