AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 11:47:09 AM 
Started by 1 - Last post by TheArkansasRoadgeek

I do the same. Unless it's a topic I know, or if it relates to a road trip, I'll probably post. Of course, I have a lot of junk posts on stuff I don't know about and I have to work on deleting them.

That moment when you break out of prison and you want to start a new life, but you still have a criminal record.

Facebook is forever :(
[/quote]

Yeah, sadly...

on: Today at 11:44:39 AM 
Started by empirestate - Last post by US71

April 23, 2017
Challenge: Post the single most remote or exotic road picture in your collection.

About as close as I can get to "remote".  Buford, WY. There is a campground about 5 miles north in the mountains and this is the last sign you see on paved road.

on: Today at 11:44:35 AM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by TheArkansasRoadgeek
What we should all start doing is hassling the DOTs to start offering there decommissioned signs up! Haha :-D :awesomeface:

I would love to collect some old retro AR state signage the ones where the state cut-out was outlined.

They're not cheap unless you get lucky.

Just signage in general or that particular selection? Yes, I would assume the market has a price for every era of signage, but as far as selection goes how does the pricing differ? US 71, what kind of collection do you have going? Any new additions?

Modern signage $50-60, sometimes higher,
not counting shipping (usually $15-20)

cut-outs , a couple hundred dollars and up.

this most of my collection , but I have a few I've not yet posted.

Looking good US 71! I noticed you had a AR State Road sign within that pictured collection, that is the type of signage I would like to find. More along the state cut-out of both the US Routes or State Roads.

Anyone here adding to or starting a 50 States Sign Collection? How is that going? Have you found it easier to buy other state's signage than the one you're from?

on: Today at 11:44:32 AM 
Started by 1 - Last post by jeffandnicole
I tried googling William Buckley, Engineer, and the NJ Turnpike, and the 3 don't seem to be related.  If this Buckley guy has nothing to do with the NJ Turnpike, I wouldn't take anything from him to be representative of what the NJ Turnpike wants to do.

I read the meeting minutes of the NJ Turnpike Authority on a monthly basis.  I don't recall anyone even bringing up this topic.  I seriously doubt they would have two major projects involving exit signage (the 6 - 9 Widening and the 9 - 18 resigning), and not once officially bring up mileage based signage if they had a goal of going mileage based.

on: Today at 11:39:55 AM 
Started by jbnv - Last post by MNHighwayMan

Former MN-232 WB at its eastern terminus with MN-65 - picture is from August 2011

on: Today at 11:38:44 AM 
Started by 1 - Last post by US71

I do the same. Unless it's a topic I know, or if it relates to a road trip, I'll probably post. Of course, I have a lot of junk posts on stuff I don't know about and I have to work on deleting them.

That moment when you break out of prison and you want to start a new life, but you still have a criminal record.
[/quote]

Facebook is forever :(

on: Today at 11:34:31 AM 
Started by MarkF - Last post by ARMOURERERIC
What happened to the long planned 91n to 71n flyover?

on: Today at 11:29:26 AM 
Started by 1 - Last post by TheArkansasRoadgeek

[/quote]

on: Today at 11:23:45 AM 
Started by 1 - Last post by storm2k
Why don't the NJTA take advantage of the new sign installations to convert the sequential exit numbers to mile based numbers like nearby CT is doing?

Years ago an engineer William Buckley said that the NJTA has always had a goal of going mile based with its exits but could not because of competition from other turnpike worthwhile projects, but now opportunity arises.  The costs can be defrayed as these new MUTCD compliant signs have tabs already that would host the new numbering.  Only added OLD or FORMER tabs would be extra, but the labor costs would not change.

Well, for one, the sign replacement project only covers the northern half of the Turnpike. All signs south of 9 won't be replaced for a while (8A to 6 were replaced with classic signage during the dual-dual extension and 5 to 1 were replaced in the mid aughts). Secondly, who knows how hard it would be for them to reprogram all their toll equipment to handle different exit numbers and then the cost of printing new tickets. Also, I honestly just don't think there's any real interest on the Authority's part to change the exit number scheme.

on: Today at 11:19:23 AM 
Started by empirestate - Last post by TravelingBethelite
April 23, 2017
Challenge: Post the single most remote or exotic road picture in your collection.

I'm not sure if this is the remotest, but it's pretty damn close; regardless, this was taken somewhere near Las Terrazas, in Artemisa Province, Cuba.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.