2015 Baltimore and Eastern Shore, MD Meets – March 14-15

Started by Laura, December 29, 2014, 07:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDRoads

PHLBOS

Better late than never: I WILL be attending the meet... for Saturday only.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Roadgeek Adam

My copies of the group photos:

Saturday (Baltimore, on the former I-170 alignment, now the MARC West Baltimore parking lot.):

Kneeling: Adam Moss (NJ)

Front Row: Valerie Deane (NY), Rob Sargent (NJ), Chris Commans (PA), Carl Kittle and wife (TN), Mel Rose (NJ), Cody Goodman (AL), Mike Tantillo (DC), Laura Bianca-Pruett (MD), Mike Pruett (MD), Oscar Voss (VA)

Back Row: Dan Murphy (NY), Bob Malme (MA), CP Zillacus (MD), Connor Lauzon (MA), Daniel Greenstein (MD), ___, Brian Reynolds (MI)

Sunday (In front of the MD 18 drawbridge in Kent Narrows West, MD, slated to close on 3/21):

Kneeling: Adam Moss (NJ)

Front Row: Rob Sargent (NJ), Alyssa Torres (NY), Oscar Voss (VA), Cody Goodman (AL), Mike Pruett (MD)

2nd Row: Michael Temme-Soifer (NJ), Connor Lauzon (MA), Scott Kuznicki (SD), Anthony Costanzo (NY), Valerie Deane (NY), Mike Tantillo (DC)

Back Row: Keith Thomas (NJ), Bob Malme (MA), James L. (GA), C. P. Zillacus (MD), Sunny ____

If someone can fill in the minor blanks it would be appreciated.

Great meet regardless and Oscar will get his photos up soon of the other group.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jpi

I did not know Carl Kittle and wife are in TN, depending on what part I should look them up! :-) Looks like a nice turn out and hope for the same in Scranton this weekend!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

oscar

Here's the better of my meet group photos from both days.

^  The Baltimore meet group, at a MARC train station parking lot that took over the western stub of former I-170.  From left to right:  Adam Moss [Roadgeek Adam] (NJ), Oscar Voss [oscar] (VA), Valerie Deane [vdeane] (NY), Rob Sargent (WV/NJ), Chris Commans (PA), Bob Malme (MA), Carl Kittle and wife (TN), C.P. Zilliacus [cpzilliacus] (MD), Mel Rose (NJ), Connor Lauzon [deathtopumpkins] (MA), Dan Murphy (NY, holding camera over his head), Mike Tantillo [mtantillo] (DC), Cody Goodman [codyg1985] (AL), Daniel Greenstein (MD), Laura Bianca-Pruett [Laura] (MD, co-host), ____, Mike Pruett [MDRoads] (MD, co-host), Brian Reynolds [brianreynolds] (MI).

^  My first set of Eastern Shore meet photos, at the bridges carrying US 50 and MD 18 (old US 50) over the Kent Narrows, didn't show the group particularly well, with me and others out of position behind other people, and some others are only in the second photo, so I won't try to caption this one.  But my shot did catch the MD 18 drawbridge opened behind us (second photo is a closeup of the open draw span).  That drawbridge has frequent openings to let boats through the narrows, which caused a lot of agony for me and other beachgoers until the 1997 completion of the high-level span over the narrows.

BTW, as Adam noted the drawbridge is expected to close starting this weekend.  But that's just a two-month maintenance closure.  MD 18 across the narrows is still used quite a bit by local traffic, even though the impatient beachgoers now zoom past it on the high-level span.

^  This one worked better as a group photo (I still should've had the group spread out some more, to take advantage of my wideangle lens), but the drawbridge was closed by then so I cropped that out.  From left to right:  Michael Temme-Soifer (NJ), Rob Sargent (WV/NJ, leaning over), Keith Thomas (NJ), Connor Lauzon [deathtopumpkins] (MA), Alyssa Torres (NY), Bob Malme (MA), ____ (Sonny __?), Anthony Costanzo [Duke87] (NY), James L. (GA), Scott Kuznicki (SD), Cody Goodman [codyg1985] (AL), Mike Tantillo [mtantillo] (DC), C.P. Zilliacus [cpzilliacus] (MD), Valerie Deane [vdeane] (NY), Mike Pruett [MDRoads] (MD, host), Adam Moss [Roadgeek Adam] (NJ, crouching in front), Oscar Voss [oscar] (VA).

Anything I mangled or am missing, please let me know.  The meet hosts, who might have the best attendee lists, might be able to help out here.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

hbelkins

Quote from: jpi on March 17, 2015, 04:57:25 PM
I did not know Carl Kittle and wife are in TN, depending on what part I should look them up! :-) Looks like a nice turn out and hope for the same in Scranton this weekend!

Nashville, I think.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jpi

He is not far from me, wonder why he never came to the meets we had around here?
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.