News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Who had the bigger victory in the 1st college football semi-finals?

Started by cjk374, January 02, 2015, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who had the bigger victory in the 1st college football semi-finals?

Ohio State over Alabama
8 (57.1%)
Oregon over Florida State
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

cjk374

Who do you think has more momentum?  Who will use this momentum the most to their advantage to win the national championship game?

It's a coin flip to me.  They both should have big chips on their shoulders and this should be a fantastic championship game.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

ET21

All I can say is LOL FSU  :-D :-D :-D

Should be a good championship game
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

corco

Billy F 1988

Well, ESPN Radio can quit playing that clip: "Florida State reigns supreme! The Seminoles have completed the perfect season!" Certainly Oregon shut them up, didn't they?

However, I don't find this one okay mainly because of some of the Ducks players mocking Jameis Winston. Wow. Dude, you fucking serious?! This dude was just clear of charges and you're gonna mock this man?! Classless. Let's hope they don't see another day on the field. As for the rest of the Ducks team that didn't mock Winston after the win, right on them.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Alps

As an Oregon and Michigan fan, I still have to say Ohio had a bigger day by upsetting a heavily favored Alabama team. Hopefully this and the Michigan State game go a way toward quenching the "SEC IS SUPREME" mentality.

Still, quack quack Ducks.

nexus73

Ducks won by 39.  tOSU won by 7.  Who won the biggest victory?  You do the math...LOL!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

swbrotha100

Oregon had the bigger victory in points, but I don't think anyone outside Ohio had Ohio State beating Alabama. Not to mention shutting up the "SEC invented college football" crowd.

nexus73

Quote from: swbrotha100 on January 03, 2015, 07:22:30 PM
Oregon had the bigger victory in points, but I don't think anyone outside Ohio had Ohio State beating Alabama. Not to mention shutting up the "SEC invented college football" crowd.

My betting picks prior to the semis was to take the over in the Rose and the points in the Sugar.  When a team playing a 3rd string QB can demolish a good Wisconsin team 59-0, you know there's some serious horsepower under the hood for the Buckeyes.  The SEC fanboys may not have seen this the way I did and of course the talking heads are in love with whoever is leading the pack (Tide was #1 and SEC) but I use the eyeball test to see which horse I like in a race.  tOSU appeared to have all the physical presence it took to hang in there with 'Bama.

On the upcoming game I see Oregon as a mild favorite but mild isn't enough for me to bet the game on the pointspread but I am looking at the under as being a strong maybe.  Turnovers will decide the outcome and it is tOSU who has to avoid 3rd and long so their QB doesn't turn into an INT duck-feeding machine.  The next most important factor is Mariota.  Does he play like Russell Wilson with the offense in hyperdrive gear?  tOSU's DC has a lot to deal with but he won't be bereft of talent to deploy.  Will that be enough to slow down Oregon?

Urban Meyer is a fine coach and he has an excellent if underrated team to bring into the game.  Oregon has a ton of top of the line support staff, the best facilities in college football and the most explosive read-option in college football.  Ducks with Ferrari flash vs Bucks with F-250 Super Duty power is the surface appearances matchup but each team has enough of the other side's attributes so the game looks rather even and lower scoring if both teams play well.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

corco

Buck87

The Ohio State Buckeyes are the National Champions of College Football!

nexus73

The F-250 beat the Ferrari into submission.  Congrats tOSU!

Rick

golden eagle

Quote from: Buck87 on January 13, 2015, 01:48:10 AM
The Ohio State Buckeyes are the National Champions of College Football!

:ded:  :banghead:

I despise OSU. However, they played a heck of a game last night. Ezekiel Elliott won't ever have to pay for another meal in Columbus (that is, if the NCAA doesn't find out).

golden eagle

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on January 02, 2015, 05:20:21 PM
Well, ESPN Radio can quit playing that clip: "Florida State reigns supreme! The Seminoles have completed the perfect season!" Certainly Oregon shut them up, didn't they?

As a Florida fan, I got tired of hearing that the first time I heard it. As I just mentioned in the previous post, I despise Ohio State. That said, I'd gone for them if they had to play FSU.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.