News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Hello from Tampa, Florida

Started by andycal90, May 19, 2015, 11:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera

Quote from: cjk374 on May 27, 2015, 05:17:14 PM
Did the colors on Florida's US shields have any meaning? Or was it just random?
Probably random. Take for example, US 1 and US 27. Both are N-S routes, but they got different colors (US 1 was red - US 27 was green). Both even passed through the same city (Miami) and both even parallel another Interstate! (I-95 and I-75)
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

hotdogPi

Quote from: noelbotevera on May 27, 2015, 07:17:42 PM
Probably random. Take for example, US 1 and US 27. Both are N-S routes, but they got different colors (US 1 was red - US 27 was green). Both even passed through the same city (Miami) and both even parallel another Interstate! (I-95 and I-75)

That's the reason they were different colors. If they were the same color, they might be confused from a distance.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

formulanone

I think they were only planned so the same colors wouldn't intersect. The exception was when US 192 was extended to the end of US 27 (both green).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.