FDR Drive -- No Pavement Markings SB north of the Queensboro Br

Started by Rothman, September 06, 2015, 09:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Just a warning for anyone headed down there.  At least as of yesterday morning, lane striping wasn't on the FDR SB some blocks north of the Queensboro Br.  Made for a very interesting drive.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

mariethefoxy

between the craters and the crazie cabbies, when is it NOT an interesting ride on the FDR drive.

Pete from Boston

roadman65

Maybe Andrew cut paint out of the state budget and figures that no one would miss the markings.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MikeCL

I know this is a old topic but I haven't seen it anyplace else but I was glad and shocked they finally paved the FDR.. that section of the roadway in the tunnel in the first lane made a pretty interesting ride.

mariethefoxy

it doesnt look like the surface of the moon anymore?

MikeCL

Lol it's much smoother I can't believe it took them that long to fix it... Another bad area is just before the ConEd station where the jersey barriers are that first lane plus narrow lanes made for a white knuckle ride one night...

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.