News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Tonight's sunset

Started by empirestate, November 22, 2015, 09:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empirestate

Anybody else enjoy an extra-nice sunset today? I'm seeing photos posted of pretty much the same beautiful colors, not only from across the Northeast, but out to at least Wisconsin as well. What kind of conditions could make for similar viewing across such a wide area?

1995hoo

Nice photo! I've seen lots of nice colors on Twitter, but the view out our back window was of a lead-grey sky like it was getting ready to rain. Didn't stop our little feral cat from arriving to beg for food.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Duke87

Looked absolutely stunning whilst on the way back from a social gathering this evening. Alas, I was an idiot and left my camera at home, so I was unable to take any pictures.

But I suppose it's just as well, seeing as everyone and their mother seems to have snapped pictures of it and I can't possibly be original in such conditions.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

noelbotevera

Couldn't see it here in PA. It was only the boring orange and red.  :no:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.